Formatting a microSDHC card - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Formatting a microSDHC card

2»

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,195 Superusers
    Glad you got the problem resolved.
  • GentryGentry Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi All. Hi dhn Paragon Vanguard. I am having the same problem with my Start 60, trying to insert an sd card in the slot. It goes in OK, but will not lock in, even trying the downward plus backward pressure suggested.
    However, when I held the card fully downwards manually, it was recognised and I was able to tell it to format it, which it has done successfully.
    Clearly I am unable to continue to hold it in indefinately, while it tries to carry out an update, so I have now addes a plastic electrical tie around the unit while it continues downloading, not a very elegant potential solution, can you suggest anything else please?
    Afraid not, these cards indeed are supposed to lock into place.
  • John_SJohn_S Posts: 54 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks for all the answer on SD formatting but, I have just upgraded my old XL ONE-S with a purchase of a TT GO 6200. Can you tell me what category the GO 6200 comes under i.e. NAV 3 or NAV 4? I suspect it's a NAV4 but not sure as no information on this subject anywhere.
    It is considered a Nav 5 device since it has WiFi. Further, all updates, etc. are done on the device, you do not use MyDriveConnect.
  • John_SJohn_S Posts: 54 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thank you so much dhn for your quick reply and, answer that I was not even expecting a NAV 5 Device:open_mouth:
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 669 [Revered Pioneer]
    Niall wrote:
    For NAV3 devices you have the application software upgraded to latest version 12.071.
    For NAV4 devices you have the application software upgraded to latest version 15.401.

A silly question, but how do I know whether my device is "NAV3" or "NAV4"?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,582 Superuser
    @John-Jay

Your START 20 is a NAV3 device and your START 50 and GO 5100 are NAV4 devices
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 669 [Revered Pioneer]
    @Niall ,
    Thanks for the info!

However, I trust that you would agree that it is NOT obvious!!

Naively I had "assumed" that the difference would have been by "Series" - i.e. "GO" Devices would ALL be one type & "Start" Devices would ALL be of another type (etc)!!
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,582 Superuser
    @John-Jay and AU

TomTom loves to complicate things such as two different devices with the same first two characters in the serial number :( also call the same device different names on different continents :(
    That is why I created this list https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/serial-numbers-uk-devices-names-1014468 (also lists for US and AU)
  • Menorca ManMenorca Man Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Gentry wrote:
    Hi All. Hi dhn Paragon Vanguard. I am having the same problem with my Start 60, trying to insert an sd card in the slot. It goes in OK, but will not lock in, even trying the downward plus backward pressure suggested.
    However, when I held the card fully downwards manually, it was recognised and I was able to tell it to format it, which it has done successfully.
    Clearly I am unable to continue to hold it in indefinately, while it tries to carry out an update, so I have now addes a plastic electrical tie around the unit while it continues downloading, not a very elegant potential solution, can you suggest anything else please?
    You need to push the MicroSD card in beyond the flush position (USE YOUR THUMBNAIL!!). It will then lock in and spring back out slightly to be flush.
  • FraethetoonFraethetoon Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    @Gentry, i used the leading edge of my wifes tweezers to properly tuck in the sd card