High Sierra Problem - Mac no connection to the watch — TomTom Community

High Sierra Problem - Mac no connection to the watch

colin.i2colin.i2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Recently upgraded to High Sierra and when I connect my Cardio Runner it is not recognised by my iMac. The watch charges but does not upload my last run to the computer. The watch is firmly in the cradle but nothing happens. I'm presuming I might have to pair my watch again but is there a way I can do so without having to reset and lose all my data ? Can anyone help ?
Thanks !
Colin

Comments

• Mark BartlettMark Bartlett Posts: 23 TomTom Employee
    Hi Colin,
    There was a problem prior to the latest version (v3.3.4) that may prevent Sports Connect from launching on High Sierra, so check you have the latest version (v3.3.4).

If the application launches can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of Sports Connect Settings page (cog icon) to send logs and I will have a look.

Connecting the watch to PC/Mac doesn't require any pairing, but you can use the macOS 'System Information' utility to check that the OS can see the watch correctly - the watch should be listed in the USB section.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • colin.i2colin.i2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for getting in touch. I am now able to sync runs but I have to manually start TomTom Sports Connect to do so while previously it would launch whenever I connected my watch to the dock. I've checked in System Information under USB and my watch isn't listed there. I have also submitted the app data as requested.
    Colin
  • Mark BartlettMark Bartlett Posts: 23 TomTom Employee
    colin.i2 wrote:
    ...I have to manually start TomTom Sports Connect to do so while previously it would launch whenever I connected my watch to the dock.
    Sports Connect can run in the background and should then open when you connect your watch. You can check the 'Launch at startup' checkbox in the Settings page, it will then automatically run when you log in to your iMac, and should always open when you connect your watch.
    Mark