Current Altitude in Cycling mode. — TomTom Community

Current Altitude in Cycling mode.

battutonebattutone Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I know it's been asked already, but it seems such an easy improvement that I want to point it out again.
Current altitude is a very interesting information when cycling, and it is available in other sport profiles. Why it wasn't included in cycling mode remains a mistery to me.
Someone uses "Freestyle" profile and changes activity type later in the app, which is a workaround as great as absurd (I'd have to change it in connected apps as well), for an info which is just there, but hidden.
Thanks TomTom.

Comments

• Daniel BDaniel B Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That would be very great to enable this missing feature (it's absurd). As battutone said it's very important information while you are riding on bicycle in terrain. Maybe it's time to split cycling to road and mtb?
  • ridemtbsnowridemtbsnow Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I would also vote for a MTB and Road cycling function. I've noticed that my calories burnt on my mountain bike rides is pretty low yet I feel like I get more out of an hour mtb ride compared to a road ride.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,564
    Superusers
    I would also vote for a MTB and Road cycling function. I've noticed that my calories burnt on my mountain bike rides is pretty low yet I feel like I get more out of an hour mtb ride compared to a road ride.

That is because calories burned in cycling are based on METs, not HR which derives calories from pace, not your HR. Since you are going slower but at higher intensity in MTB it will not capture the increased intensity as all it is looking at is your speed. A MTB mode would not change this as there are no MET tables for MTB to base calculations on. Ideally they would ditch METs altogether as just use HR for calories across all modes but for some reason they are resistant to this.