Backlight improvements needed — TomTom Community

Backlight improvements needed

eva01uniteva01unit Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
During my run, i use to run though a very dark route for a couple of km. I would like to turn on/off night mode without leaving the current workout, and as far as i know, it's not possibile.

Also, i wonder why it's not possible to choose how long the light should stay on when you tap the screen
Also #2, wouldn't be possible to make it turn on when you lift your arm to watch the display, using accelerometer?

Can we hope for such an update to come in the future?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,181
    Superusers
    You can turn the backlight on at any time by cupping your hand over the screen briefly, but there is no way to control the time it stays on for, to turn it on and off permanently from within an activity or to use a gesture to activate it. While these are all fine ideas, it doesn't seem like the direction they are going as it has not changed in 5 years. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    The only problem with cupping your hand over the screen is that it will trigger an unintended lap - if you have Training > Laps > Manual selected in your activity. That annoys me and catches me out from time to time.