Watch Band Splitting

trevdooltrevdool Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi There appears to have been issues with thebands on the TomTom Sparh Cardio/musics and I note mine is splitting in 2 places after just 14 months. Is there a product update/replacement? Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,613 Superusers
    I would suggest calling Customer support and seeing what they can do. The bands are covered under warranty but it is only 12 months in most countries. They may offer to replace it in good faith or else they can arrange for you to purchase the correct one. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Can confirm this.

Called support on a Monday and the next Monday had in my hands a replacement strap. Very pleased with the customer support.
    I have my watch for nine months.
  • PwarringtonPwarrington Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Did the same last week. No haste great customer services just sent out new one. Received this today.
  • JameJame Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have had the same problem all of a sudden the strap started cracking and then just broke fell off. Luckily I noticed it or could have lost the watch. Hope I have the same luck with customer support since I live in Canada.
    I am on my 3rd band in less than 12 months now I just keep super glueing back together . Wouldn’t buy another tomtom watch.
  • JameJame Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I hear you, there is definitely a problem with the material and design. They should be changing it. Will see if they will replace the strap even though I am over the one year mark for the warranty.
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209 Superusers
    I shower with mine soon after I've done my activity. Somehow that can help I believe with water helping maybe to clean any sweat and dirt and maybe keeping it supple? I also don't sleep with it. Not worth the extra wear and tear on the strap.
    I think you hit the reason there. I believe sleeping with it on is putting to much pressure on the strap. I take mine off every night now. Which is a pity as that was one of the reasons I brought it.
  • HenrikAhlforsHenrikAhlfors Posts: 29 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi! Mine split after less than 3 months. TomTom sent me a free replacement band. I am still waiting for it .... sent from Netherlands I guess.
    The girl told me that TomTom is developing new bands.
    This one lasted about 3 months before splitting again. I did however call today and a new band has been dispatched to me. Should be here 5 days. Was also told they are still trying to get one that won’t keep splitting until then if i call they will keep replacing them for me even after the 2 year warrenty has expired. So you can’t beat that for customer service.
  • charlesrrcharlesrr Posts: 67 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The new version with the single oval holes seem to last longer. Also I have thin wrists, so I went for a small strap and now the HRM works much better in the cold.
    That’s the one I currently have. Didn’t last any longer than the last one. But if they’re happy to replace I’m happy to call them.