TomTom Spark blank screen — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark blank screen

vdw11vdw11 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hello Forum,

My TomTom Spark watch has a blank screen for the last couple of days.

The watch itself still seems to be working (eg. when i push a couple of times left, the watch is vibrating to 'start' the activity; alarm is still working; light is still working; ...) + when i link it to the computer, there is no error message (watch gets charged, quickGPS gets updated, etc). But nothing is visible on the screen of the watch. I have tried all kinds of resets with no luck.

Does anybody knows a solution for this issue?

Grts,
Ruben

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,839 Moderator
    HI Ruben,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response!

Is the Spark watch screen still showing as black? Please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this case who can dig in more deeply than we can on the user forum.

You can click on the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • vtrevino07vtrevino07 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    My watch has a blank white screen. When the down button, a little icon for the USB connector comes on. Nothing else. Also, when it was working, it never could hold a connection with my iPhone. This was after having done the software update. Strange this is that my old TomTom Cardio and the Spark 3 I had before, never had this issue. Looks like I may be going back to Garmin. Very disappointed
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    vtrevino07 wrote:
    My watch has a blank white screen. When the down button, a little icon for the USB connector comes on. Nothing else. Also, when it was working, it never could hold a connection with my iPhone. This was after having done the software update. Strange this is that my old TomTom Cardio and the Spark 3 I had before, never had this issue. Looks like I may be going back to Garmin. Very disappointed

Your watch may be stuck in the Recovery mode of a Factory Reset. I have had something similiar before and you just have to play around and it will hopefully come out of it. But you will need to connect it to the Tom Tom Sports PC software. You need to press on the DOWN button for many seconds with the cable attached to your watch before inserting it into the usb port and follow the instructions in this link. I found that I had to fiddle with it to make it come out of a stuck recovery mode - the best is to have the patience when doing this and make sure you have some battery by plugging it into a power bank or similiar just to get the charge up initially.

Here is the link for the Factory Reset IN RECOVERY MODE - please look at the Recovery mode option and not the regular Factory Reset option.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393

If you do not come right, then contact the Tom Tom Customer Support.
  • shark yshark y Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi, i have a spark 2 runner watch
    in past months i have had problems with the charger, so I recently ordered a new charger.
    until the charger arrived the watch went dead (since there was a period without any charging ongoing). Now that the new charger arrived I see that the watch is reacting and the touch button gives signs of life, also the screen light turns on, but there is nothing appearing on the screen - blank.

a few months ago the watch fell on the floor, and the screen cracked on one part but still it continued working perfectly until its first charger failed me (and then the watch went dead).

please advise me what to do!
    thanks
    Bruno
  • TomGullbergTomGullberg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    vdw11 wrote:
    Hello Forum,

My TomTom Spark watch has a blank screen for the last couple of days.

The watch itself still seems to be working (eg. when i push a couple of times left, the watch is vibrating to 'start' the activity; alarm is still working; light is still working; ...) + when i link it to the computer, there is no error message (watch gets charged, quickGPS gets updated, etc). But nothing is visible on the screen of the watch. I have tried all kinds of resets with no luck.

Does anybody knows a solution for this issue?

Grts,
    Ruben
    IHi, I have the exact same problem on my Spark 2 GPS cardio watch - tried all resets etc mentioned - ver 1.7.64. Everything works fine - except that I cannot see the screen more than a glimpse now and then - mostly it is blank. It connects, charges, vibrates/beeps etc etc fine...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,329
    Superusers
    IHi, I have the exact same problem on my Spark 2 GPS cardio watch - tried all resets etc mentioned - ver 1.7.64. Everything works fine - except that I cannot see the screen more than a glimpse now and then - mostly it is blank. It connects, charges, vibrates/beeps etc etc fine...

Your display has failed. If it is still under warranty call Support and they can replace it. If not, it is time to get a new device (not a TT one as they are no longer in the watch business).