Broken screen on TomTom Runner 3 watch — TomTom Community

Broken screen on TomTom Runner 3 watch

Floor TimmonsFloor Timmons Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
I dropped my Runner 3 on a hard surface as I took it out of the strap and now the screen is cracked (it is still working fine). I read in a post from 2014 that TomTom does not repair or replace screens. Is this still the case? And if so, has anyone else had this happen and did you manage to get it repaired another way? I love the watch but really don't want to buy a new one (have only had this one for 5 months), especially since it is still working, just the screen is damaged.....

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    TomTom does not offer a repair service and glass breakage is not covered under warranty. If the unit is fairly new they may replace the unit as a good faith gesture but you would need to contact Customer Support and see what they offer. At the very least they will likely replace the unit with a new (or reconditioned) one for a fee (the rate depends on the model). You will need to Contact Customer Support to get the process started. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.