Newbie with question re: Scosche Rhythm 1.9 — TomTom Community

Newbie with question re: Scosche Rhythm 1.9

HollyBirdHollyBird Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hello,
I have the TomTom Runner, and just got my Scosche Rhythm 1.9 heartrate monitor. Both the TomTom and the Scosche claim to be compatible with each other. BUT, although the heartrate sensor is ON in my TomTom, it does not pick up my Rhythm.
I also use Endomondo and can't get either the heartrate to sync or any of my TomTom workouts to upload... but perhaps that's another thread. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,728
    Superusers
    HollyBird wrote:
    Hello,
    I have the TomTom Runner, and just got my Scosche Rhythm 1.9 heartrate monitor. Both the TomTom and the Scosche claim to be compatible with each other. BUT, although the heartrate sensor is ON in my TomTom, it does not pick up my Rhythm.
    I also use Endomondo and can't get either the heartrate to sync or any of my TomTom workouts to upload... but perhaps that's another thread. Any advice appreciated.

There was an issue with Scosche changing their firmware making it incompatible. Another user had the same issue awhile back. Scosche had to send them a rolled back firmware version to make it work. You would need to contact Scosche for that (and can search the forums to find the original post). The HR from the watch does not transmit so there is nothing for Endomondo to pick up. It only connects via BT to the phone to upload data, there is no real-time data transmission.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • HollyBirdHollyBird Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks. Awaiting word back from Scosche.
    Actually, my Scosche monitor is also supposed to sync with Endomondo, and that's not working either. Hopefully they will provide a solution.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,728
    Superusers
    HollyBird wrote:
    Thanks. Awaiting word back from Scosche.
    Actually, my Scosche monitor is also supposed to sync with Endomondo, and that's not working either. Hopefully they will provide a solution.

Are you trying to connect to endomondo through a phone? BT is a one-to-one relationship. It can remember multiple connections but can only be connected to one device at a time so if it is paired to two devices the one on the top of the priority list within the strap will take precedence, which may be the phone in your case. Have the phone forget it or turn off BT and see if that allows you to connect to the watch.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Jim GreyJim Grey Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there,

Had the same issue with my Scosche and Tom Tom Runner watch. Initially you could downgrade the firmware on the Scoshce through an app with your iphone; however the developers have changed the app and it no longer allows for this. I sent my Scosche Rhythm in to have them down grade my firmware to version 2.4 and ended up finding out that they are no longer able to do the firmware downgrade as well (apparently they were not aware of the change in the application either). Their developers do not create the application manager and the aforementioned upgrade that prevents one from downgrading firmware and because of this they can't make any changes at this point either. That was their excuse in the end. When I pressed further they said that they were not going to help any further as they don't want "inferior firmware without the DSU capabilities" being kept around. So basically we're out of luck if we want to pair the Scosche and Tom Tom Runner. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0