Can't initialize app on android smartphone — TomTom Community

Can't initialize app on android smartphone

GinaccioGinaccio Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi all, I've just purchased the Tom Tom bandit camera but after downloading the app when I launch it it cannot get the localization permission nor finalize the launch.
The app doesn't appear in the list of app eligible for the localization service but is indeed present in the app lost.
My mobile phone is a nexus 5x with android 8.0.0.
I hope you can help me!

Comments

• GinaccioGinaccio Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Is there anybody out there?
    It works with the same device (my girlfriend Nexus 5X) with Android 7.1.2 but on mine (updated with latest official Android Oreo 8.0.0) no. I guess it's a matter of SDK and the app needs to be updated to the latest Android release. At the moment the TomTom Bandit without his app is almost unusable. Please fix it!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Ginaccio,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for late reply here!

The screen on your video refers to Bandit Studio. Please note, that Bandit Studio is designed to be run on desktop computers. On a mobile device you should use the TomTom Bandit mobile app. You can find it here.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thank you for the replay but I was talking about the tomtom bandit app. Anyway i have contacted the tomtom customer care and they have acknowledged that the app is not fully compatible with the new Oreo Android OS 8.0.0 and I won't be able to use it until they release a new app version.
  • MHolmMHolm Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Ginaccio wrote:
    Thank you for the replay but I was talking about the tomtom bandit app. Anyway i have contacted the tomtom customer care and they have acknowledged that the app is not fully compatible with the new Oreo Android OS 8.0.0 and I won't be able to use it until they release a new app version.

Thanks goodness I have a device without Android 8...
  • six3sevensix3seven Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MHolm wrote:

Hmm :-/

I don't. 28 days later and the app still doesn't work.
  • MHolmMHolm Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    six3seven wrote:
    MHolm wrote:

Hmm :-/

I don't. 28 days later and the app still doesn't work.

That's what I was aiming at. The Bandit software update history hasn't exactly been impressive for quite some time. However, now we have reached a point where we can no longer use the software needed for a TomTom product. It would suit TomTom not leaving the customers hanging like this.

TomTom: When will we receive an update so we can use the Bandit app on an Android 8 device?