Spark 3: Current pace is getting more inaccurate by the week

Findingawayinfindingmyway
Findingawayinfindingmyway Registered Users Posts: 2
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi all,
I have been using my TomTom Spark 3 for about 5 months now and I am very happy with it. There is only one problem I have, which involves the pace display. I like to know how fast I am going at the current time, so on the main display I always used to watch my pace. When I just had the watch I noticed that it was responding not very fast to pace cahnges during an interval training for example, but I could still use it to pace myself and a friend during a long distance run.
But over the time I noticed that the current pace during a run is getting less and less accurate. Last week, my watch showed me I was running over 7 minutes per km. When I got home I checked the statistics again and it appeared to be only 5 minutes per km (which is more realistic than the 7 minutes). I read in other topics on this forum that other people have a similar problem, due to trees or just a slow response of the satellites, but that was about a difference of only a few seconds. But I have a 2 minutes difference! That is a lot and it becomes completely useless to even look at my watch during a run. I just check my statistics afterwards on my computer, but that is not why I bought this watch.
Is this a known problem? Can I solve it myself, or should I return it and ask for a warranty?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    You probably want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Athloni
    Athloni Registered Users Posts: 15
    Legendary Explorer
    Yes, everybody at TomTom knows It's a known bug on all TomTom watches. They calculate it to smoothen out the peaks, but the calculation is far to aggressive. The only problem is, that nobody at TomTom realy cares :(