Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again - Page 6 — TomTom Community

Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again

Comments

• Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 545 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi. Sorry you've been caught out as well.
    They do promote ALG and splash it all over the packaging but it has never worked properly. I have had a go5000 and now the go6200 and ALG has never worked on both of them. As you can see here quite a few are having this issue and not sure if tomtom are even capable of fixing it
    update please Mikko
  • T.boneT.bone Posts: 14 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My tomtom 520 has the issue, even when I was told to reset device and wait for a drum roll, guess what it didn't work, I wish I never bought this device, waste of hard earned money, instead of spending lots of people's money in developing new apps and upgrades for sport and health issues my health will be better when this problem is sorted. If not I would like a full refund please as this problem is not fit for purpose. I think a little bad publicity would make the company listen to people's problems with your devices. It should not be hard to sort out it used to work a few years ago.
    I've just had the long drive into Spain from the uk and have my device a drum roll reset and ALG started to work but lasted no more than a bloody hour.
    It is about time Tomtom got this problem fixed but I won't hold my breath. As you said t.bone they seem to be more bothered about watches etc than the supposed high end devices we have paid well over the odds for. Please get it fixed as a priority Tomtom as enough is enough !!!!
    Just had a holiday driving to Spain and back and yesterday as i arrived on the outskirts of Paris i thought it was best to give my go6200 a drum roll reset to make sure ALG worked......it lasted not even 30 minutes...this device is turning into a nightmare...get it sorted Tomtom
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 71 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi Mikko,

Is there already a solution in the picture in a next update concerning this annoying issue?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Patjepeer,

Unfortunately, this issue has turned out to be very difficult to reproduces which makes it difficult to find a solution for it. We also seem to be getting very few reports about this.

We'll keep on looking into this and I'd recommend anyone experiencing this issue to report it to Customer Service. They'll be best able to gather all the relevant details for our technicians to investigate the issue.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jaycrjaycr Posts: 16 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Mikko, I can't believe you you just stated that you have few reports of this issue. Everyone I know with a this unit has the problem! EVERY SINGLE DAY I have to reset my device to bring back the lane guidance view. I cannot believe it's being treated with so little urgency or importance. I have just returned to TomTom after a couple of years with Garmin and I had expected some improvement since my last device (Go 5000) but was disappointed to learn that the latest flagship device seemed to have actually gone backwards. Your responses to the "Lane Guidance View" problem seems to demonstrate TomTom's contempt for their customers. It's sad to say, but if you compare features & usability between the top-end models from TomTom and Garmin it's like comparing a black & white tv with the latest digital colour tv with Garmin being way out in front. Sorry to be so negative but your responses to a REAL problem is almost the straw that broke the camel's back!
    Mikko how can you say that it's a difficult thing to reproduce when it happens to me on a daily basis...what utter rubbish and as jaycr has pointed out many many people are having this issue and still it gets completely ignored time and time again by tomtom.
    As i have stated before in this thread i'm quite sure that tomtom engineers haven't got a bloody clue how to fix this fault or it would have been dealt with after 4 years ...Garmin for me next time as i'm not putting up with the inferior rubbish that tomtom are claiming is a flagship device.
    If i could get a refund i would be off to Garmin right now....once again Mikko not good enough
  • ChrisL69ChrisL69 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Just adding myself to the ‘few reports’ - new Go520 and ALG only works for the first half hour after a drum roll reset.
    Cheers for that Chrisl69......still can’t believe that tomtom are saying that they only have a few reports of this issue. More lies and rubbish I think
  • bigbig Posts: 1,627
    Superuser
    For me, ALG only works in the lightest traffic areas. As soon as the device is taxed in any way -- like actually having to display various traffic situations -- then ALG is gone until a drumroll reset. If testing is done in a lab rather than in a real-world situation I can understand how the problem might never be seen.
    what i can't understand Big is that they can't be testing out on the road becaues they say it is hard to replicate the problem....complete nonsense...why don't tomtom send someone out with me and they will see in a short space of time how it bloody stops working
  • bigbig Posts: 1,627
    Superuser
    @Covkid62 No disagreement from me there. I often feel their software is not tested in real life!
    I’m starting to think that tomtom’s software engineers haven’t got a bloody clue how to fix the issue Big
    Agreed, it is not too difficult to replicate the issue. And agreed, I takes too long before this annoying bug will be resolved.
    So based on Mikko's advice I've raised a second ticket at Customer Service. The previous one was already closed by TomTom.
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 142 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Adding my 2ps worth constantly going travel all over and after an hour or so its gone. Sometimes half an hour.
    Cheers for that D-Stream...we need as many people as possible to report this annoying issue so that tomtom might just pull their finger out and fix it
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 142 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Drive down the a180 fresh start drum roll by the time I get from Grimsby to Scunthorpe that’s three junctions down it’s normally gone. Or it’ll come up and display the lane to choose for a few junctions more never lasts more than and hour into a two hour drive.

Be great if they had a diagnostic mode and we could send data. I live in hope.
  • ChrisL69ChrisL69 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I reported the problem to TomTom support a few days ago. No reply yet - what a surprise!!!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,585 Moderator
    Hi ChrisL69

I have asked the customer service to pick up your case on a priority, so someone will get in touch with you.

Regards
    Vikram
    I raised a ticket at Customer Services. Just the usual stuff, do a reset etc. etc. I pointed the customer service employee to this thread.
    Cheers for that Patjepeeer. Got to keep on at them or they will just forget about it like they have for the past 4 years
    Customer services contacted me and they have passed the indicent (number) to the technical department.
  • HensepensHensepens Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Now reading this thread I realise the same is true for me. Sometimes I do have ALG on an exit nearby my home (The Netherlands) but often not. Didn't think so much about it. I thought the were missing information. But indeed. compared with my GO730 the lane guidance with split screen is less frequent to be seen on my GO5200.