Runner 3 treadmill pace recorded in certain elements wrong — TomTom Community

Runner 3 treadmill pace recorded in certain elements wrong

JosieWJosieW Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Have runner 3 cardio, latest firmware, not in demo mode.
Ran a treadmill session with 1 block easy (recorded ok correct pace, hr etc. pace gradually increased)
Then did three blocks of faster work which I purposely gradually increased pace,
it did not record pace correctly it said I was actually doing a walking pace! the three blocks had one minute of slower work
and these recorded ok ????

this is not the first time this has happened but it is starting to muck up my training figures in training peaks.
Any thoughts or fixes!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    Treadmill distance and pace is based on the accelerometer, which is prone to be off. It assumes a certain stride length based on your gender, height, etc. and you may be outside of the averages used. Unfortunately, there's really nothing that can be done to fix it, as it does not have a learning algorithm, the distance adjustment after the activity is complete just updates the record, it does not learn from it. I personally just go with what the treadmill says my pace is, as that is the purpose of a treadmill, to hold you to a set pace. This doesn't do you much good with your interval training, unfortunately.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.