Bluetooth connection to iPhone — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connection to iPhone

Prycey77Prycey77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
My Spark 3 used to connect to my iPhone 6 but won’t anymore. I have tried resetting the watch and reinstalling the mysports app but still no joy. When I try to pair the watch the passcode briefly flashes up on the watch screen but on the app still says connecting..

Any ideas what I can try next?

Many thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,398
    Superusers
    You need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu before you can pair it again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Prycey77Prycey77 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I followed the steps but till the same problem. The passcode flashes up on the watch for 1/2 a second and the app continues to say ‘connecting..’ Anything else I can do?
  • xtremeroxxtremerox Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem after updating to 1.6.26 with my oneplus 3t on android. Tried reinstalling the app, made sure the watch is removed from the bluetooth device list, did revert to factory settings on the watch, and still no avail. pairing code pops up right away on the watch, but my phone keeps saying connecting
  • EricGroenEricGroen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exactly the same as xtremerox. Oneplus 3t.
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi,

some users have pairing or connection problems.
    The bast solution is sending log files from Sports App:

In the Sports app go to Manage -> settings > Feedback > Report a Problem ( make sure include app usage is checked)

Cheers, Maciek
  • SixtoeSixtoe Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Mine (and by the looks of it a fair few others) is doing the same, it's been escalated to TomTom support so I think they're getting a good idea of what's going on now. Seems to be an issue with the new firmware.
  • blackroosterblackrooster Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. Is there a solution for this?
  • TrailsTrails Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I just received this product this week. Had no issues connecting the first day but have experienced them the last two days. I have removed the watch from the Bluetooth settings and have tried pairing it again to no avail. Mine too flashes quickly with the code only to have the screen swap back. Before I removed the device from the Bluetooth it would say connected but would drop after a few minutes. During this time the app would also fail to connect to it.
  • JessicaBJessicaB Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was just sent a new Spark 3 because of warranty issues. Now I’m having this exact same problem with my iPhone 7 that has current iOS software. It syncs fine when plugged into my laptop, but I couldn’t describe it better than anyone above when on my phone. I have rebooted my phone. Deleted the app and reinstalled, removed from the Bluetooth list in settings, you name it.
    Has anyone received a solution to this? I see some comments are a few months old. Have you not synced since then?
  • TrailsTrails Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    JessicaB wrote:
    I was just sent a new Spark 3 because of warranty issues. Now I’m having this exact same problem with my iPhone 7 that has current iOS software. It syncs fine when plugged into my laptop, but I couldn’t describe it better than anyone above when on my phone. I have rebooted my phone. Deleted the app and reinstalled, removed from the Bluetooth list in settings, you name it.
    Has anyone received a solution to this? I see some comments are a few months old. Have you not synced since then?

(2 Paragraphs Down is a Workaround that worked for me)

iPhone 6 iOS 11.1.2
    TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music

While on version 1.3.255 (just received and unpackaged Tuesday) I was able to connect via Bluetooth and to the app when I first set the watch up. After that I had to make multiple attempts (Wednesday) and eventually connected. Then again multiple attempts Thursday with a final connection. Now here I am Friday and it will make a connection to Bluetooth but drops after a few minutes and never connects to the app during the few minutes it is active.

Finally removed the app from phone and removed the “device” from the Bluetooth. Reinitiated everything and nothing.
    I then upgraded direcly from 1.3.255 to 1.7.53 thinking that was the issue but not it won’t find it via Bluetooth at all so of course now the app can’t find it.

I am able to connect via PC with USB.

***UPDATE***:
    Ok after I posted I tried something else and it either worked or the Bluetooth headphone option worked. I apologize in advance for the length but I wanted to 1) be as thorough as possible for others and 2) show that I tested a few different options to verify this actually worked.

Here it goes:

PROCESS:
    I already had my Bluetooth headphones connected to both my iPhone and the Spark 3 (so Bluetooth on phone is already turned on and actively seeking connections).
    Music was playing from the watch to the headphones.
    The watch was on the CLOCK screen.
    I opened the TOMTOM SPORTS APP on my phone.
    I then went to the WATCH, pressed down for SETTINGS, right for PHONE, down for PAIR NEW.
    Honestly I didn’t expect anything but I went to my phone and opened the Bluetooth screen and the connection was marked as ACTIVE. I checked the watch next and it was displaying the PASSCODE (because hours earlier I had told it to “FORGET DEVICE” when I was troubleshooting). I entered the passcode and it connected. The app synced and all seemed well.

I wanted to test this and see if it was a fluke, if it was because of the headphone connection, or if I was all set so I did the following:

TEST1:
    Disconnected Bluetooth connection between headphones and iPhone. After the headphones were disconnected from the iPhone the connection between the watch and the iPhone was still active.
    Next I disconnected the watch from the iPhone Bluetooth connection to see f I could reconnect without the headphones. I was able to do this as well.

TEST2:
    The headphones were active and connected to the watch the entire time so I wanted to see if this was a factor so I disconnected them from the watch (powered headphones off). After a few minutes he donnection still showed as active between the phone and the watch whereas previously it would have already dropped.

TEST3:
    Next I wanted to turn Bluetooth off completely in order to see if this was all a fluke or if something magically corrected itself. With Bluetooth off the connection broke-as we would expect. Next I made an attempt to reconnect the watch to the iPhone by turning Bluetooth back on. While the watch is on the clock screen (aka inactive) it didn’t work so I “woke” the watch up by pressing the down button. This made a successful connection.

FINAL RESULTS:
    It’s been 30 minutes and connection is still active whereas before I was dropping after a few minutes
  • DoiTDoiT Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello all,

I have iPhone SE 11.2.2. Connection between iPhone and watch works correctly only if I have connected watch and headphones via bluetooth. If I switch off headphones, connection between iPhone and watch fall down, because connection headphones -> watch fall down.

I hope, that TomTom release a new SW version, where fix this issue.
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Prycey77 wrote:
    I followed the steps but till the same problem. The passcode flashes up on the watch for 1/2 a second and the app continues to say ‘connecting..’ Anything else I can do?

same problem with the touch cardio and android phone. no solution from TT. Had the activity tracker exchanged 2 times. nothing helps ans TT can't resolve the problem... VERY DISAPPOINTED!
  • navalrobinnavalrobin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Actually, iPhone is a iOS based mobile phone produced and developed by Apple brand. But the users get trouble in case of accessing their devices to make a connection with Bluetooth technology. They take suggestions provided by apple customer support that will be fruitful for them.