Buying on-line or should that be can't buy on-line!! — TomTom Community

Buying on-line or should that be can't buy on-line!!

GBG727GBG727 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
I have been trying to buy on-line a new tom due to my old not able to take the new tech,
Simple you would think?
Well no it's not
8 goes with 2 dif CC's and all while speaking to them on the phone!
Even set up a new account while on the phone, guess what failed again
And all i get is "it is your CC fault"
Well i spoke to my CC Company and guess what my cards work fine
So experts you tell me what i can do because TT C,services are so far rubbish or should i just forget this company i have been loyal to for years & go buy a Garmin

Comments

• TheAgarsTheAgars Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here except I have not been able to get TT on the phone either. I am getting busy tones or "we are experiencing technical difficulties and were not able to route your call. Please try again later.... This is a recording" My wife and I will have to rent a GPS when we get to england for $150 after we have spent more than that on the TT GPS that we own and cant purchase a map for. Very frustrating. I cant say I have been this disappointed in product support in a long time. If we cant get it figured out by next week TT will be missing out on our money and it will be going into the rental car companies pocket instead.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,895
    Superuser
    Here are some reasons that might prohibit payment
    1. Some credit card companies require a verification through their website and this might raise browser compatibility issues.
    2. a pop-up blocker is not preventing the re-direction to the credit card companies site.
    3. They also often use Java or similar for the verification. Check this link https://www.java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp

So try with a different browser
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    TheAgars wrote:
    Same issue here except I have not been able to get TT on the phone either. I am getting busy tones or "we are experiencing technical difficulties and were not able to route your call. Please try again later.... This is a recording" My wife and I will have to rent a GPS when we get to england for $150 after we have spent more than that on the TT GPS that we own and cant purchase a map for. Very frustrating. I cant say I have been this disappointed in product support in a long time. If we cant get it figured out by next week TT will be missing out on our money and it will be going into the rental car companies pocket instead.

Are you using this number?:
    1 877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST