Latest Jaguar XF maps for 2012 XF Jaguar for New Zealand - HELP! — TomTom Community

Latest Jaguar XF maps for 2012 XF Jaguar for New Zealand - HELP!

Led EpsilonLed Epsilon Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Hi there Folks. Anyone able to point me in the right direction to get the latest software/maps for New Zealand for my 2012 XF Jag?
[it's Ex Singapore]

I managed to source a DVD from Navshop Australia, [code AU22/NZ11] however, on install it came up with disc error message and stated "the software on the disc is older than the current software" see attached pic.

Navshop advise the latest software will be out next year, but don't know when.
They are extremely difficult to get any sense out of with their 0800 number going to faraway lands and you can't talk to a technical person, and their email support nothing short of terrible.
[Almost as difficult to ask specific questions as it is on the TomTom website, hence the need to join the forums.]

So cutting to the chase, where and when can I get a software/maps upgrade for my Jag suitable for New Zealand?

Any assistance greatly appreciated. Anyone? HELP!

IF it's not possible to get one is there a way to roll back the software or format the unit so I can install the disc?

Best Regards
Graeme

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise you to get in touch with our customer support as they'll be able to rectify & sort this out for you. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Also, please mention your order number and the above screenshot (if possible) to make it more clear to them.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, your device doesn't use TomTom software or maps so we're not able to help you here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Led EpsilonLed Epsilon Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Mikko,
    Of course it doesn't, how silly of me. (Mild attempt at humour)

that's why it has TomTom on the DVD case..
    and Tom Tom printed all over the instruction booklet "maps by Tomtom"

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Regards
    Graeme
    ..and next to the "maps by Tomtom" it has "Jaguar"

What's up with that if tomtom don't have anything to do with it?
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Unfortunately, your device doesn't use TomTom software or maps so we're not able to help you here.
    https://jaguar.navshop.com.au/default.asp
    Thanks for the suggestion but That's where I got the DVD from.

It's useless because I can't load it. See pic on first post.

Their support is hopeless and all they suggest is I send the DVD back for refund, and wait for the latest software edition..
    which no one can tell me when that will be.
    I can't escalate beyond the first level of support.

I get a vague reference to "next year" so is that January, or December next year? No one knows.

So back to square one.
    1 Maps disc,
    No Nav..

I've been on several Jaguar forums and know what needs to be done, but on the hidden menus the "loading" selection is not able to be selected.

The only way to get the Current NZ maps loaded is to force load over the top of the Singapore maps.

Any thoughts/ideas on how to make the loading option available?

Whoever does help crack it I'll send you a gift from New Zealand :-)

Regards.
    Here's a shot of the hidden menu. You can see the Loading option is not selectable. On other ones on the forums it is so it can be done.
    Wanting to know how to activate the selection option.
    Any/all ideas welcomed.