Are fitness points working fine for you? — TomTom Community

Are fitness points working fine for you?

enjoyashenjoyash Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hello, i updated yesterday my spark cardio, but i have some errors in the new fitness points function.

This is the list of my last activity

BaCZrM9.png?1
nTXBrdh.png?1

Yesterday i ran with the cardio on (as always), but no points are displayed. Why?

And this is the fitness points page.

DFIkPKP.png?1

Why are not displayed points for friday, saturday and monday? In the list of activity i have points for each of this days (i ran or made some minutes of bodyweight with cardio on).

Do you have the same errors?

I use a spark cardio music with the last software 1.6.26

Comments

• cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209
    Superusers
    When your run has finished. From the clock display, press the left button and press down or up until you see the Fitness points screen - that will reflect the fitness points for all your activities done for that particular day.

When you are actually running and your activity is being recorded. Just press up or down button until you see the fitness points screen. The fitness points is reflected in real time and should change every few seconds (provided you actually running).

The "Recent Activities" (a history of all your runs) on your watch does not seem to store the fitness points as a stored item. Not sure if that can be termed an error.. But I guess this level of detail can be found in the app or the website itself.
  • HenrikAhlforsHenrikAhlfors Posts: 29 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I don't understand the Fitness points feature as well. I been walking for several days but last 3 days had almost same distance. 3 days ago I got a blue bubble, yesterday green and today a pink one. I have not done a superduper workout... Can someone explain this feature so I understand it?
    Superusers
    HenrikAhlfors - this is a quote from somewhere (and it may explain things a little better):

"Fitness Points are gained based on your current fitness level – your Fitness Age and VO2max – and the intensity and duration of your activities, where intensity is measured through measuring your heart rate. Although you are doing the same type of activity, your heart rate might behave different over activities throughout different days. For instance, you might be sick or not feeling well, you might have just started training after not training for a while, or you might have been encountering headwind for example. The times spent in higher heart rate zones causes your points to accumulate faster.
    This also means that as you get fitter, the same type of activity - your 5k runs at 10km/h for example – will earn you less points than earlier, and you need to step up your distance or pace."
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,441
    Community Manager
    We have a landing page for Fitness Age and fitness points with lots of information on the subject: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/topic/name/fitness_age
  • enjoyashenjoyash Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    When your run has finished. From the clock display, press the left button and press down or up until you see the Fitness points screen - that will reflect the fitness points for all your activities done for that particular day.

When you are actually running and your activity is being recorded. Just press up or down button until you see the fitness points screen. The fitness points is reflected in real time and should change every few seconds (provided you actually running).

The "Recent Activities" (a history of all your runs) on your watch does not seem to store the fitness points as a stored item. Not sure if that can be termed an error.. But I guess this level of detail can be found in the app or the website itself.

Thanks for your reply, but this is not the point of the question.
    I have an issue in the fitness points page, that doesn't display points that are displayed in the list of activities.
    And i have a run (see the run of yesterday - "ieri" in italian - in the list ) without points, even if i ran with the cardio on.
    Superusers
    Your original post did not have any attachments. Maybe more people will respond if you send your attachments again.
  • Jojoba86Jojoba86 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    enjoyash wrote:
    Hello, i updated yesterday my spark cardio, but i have some errors in the new fitness points function.

This is the list of my last activity

Yesterday i ran with the cardio on (as always), but no points are displayed. Why?

And this is the fitness points page.

Why are not displayed points for friday, saturday and monday? In the list of activity i have points for each of this days (i ran or made some minutes of bodyweight with cardio on).

Do you have the same errors?

I use a spark cardio music with the last software 1.6.26

I see the same. I updated yesterday, and no points are shown against my two activities from that day in the activity list.

In the fitness points page I see entries for Sunday, but not Saturday, despite doing runs both days (and some related issues).
  • Jojoba86Jojoba86 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Your original post did not have any attachments. Maybe more people will respond if you send your attachments again.

I see the attachments fine. If you press Quote as if to reply can you see the imgur links?
    Superusers
    I can now see the attachments of the original post.

Non Cardio device - you get no points (even if you use an external HRM strap)

Cardio device - you get points, but only if you have the Heart Sensor ON or EXTERNAL. If it's OFF you get no points. If you used EXTERNAL and was using an external HRM strap you should still get points.

There are other criteria that would not result in any points eg. swimming, or you wearing clothing underneath the watch. Look into the link that Jurgen provided where it explains everything nicely regards Fitness Age/Points.

I have not had any problems myself with missing points between the Activity List page and the Fitness Points page.

If there is no other explanation - then Tom Tom should look into this for you guys.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Do you use the app and is the overview the same there? The Run from Wednesday (11.5 KM) didn't get points in the list of activities so either HR was off or something else i wrong. The other points should be visible in the points overview.
    I see all points from the activity list in the app and on the webpage. Maybe clearing the cache of the browser might help? If you still encounter problems i would contact TomTOm Support.
  • skoteroverallskoteroverall Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have Spark Cardio Music and updated my watch last time yesterday. I have still not gotten the Feature "fitness points" on my watch, app or webpage. =(
    Superusers
    skoteroverall

You have to be on firmware 1.6.26.
    You should be on Tom Tom Sports v8.0.3.
    You must of course start doing some HR based activities on your watch.

You must click on the Circle bubble that appears at the top middle of the webpage to access the Fitness Points Page. See attachment.

b84da6bc-faf6-47bb-b3da-d43c8f7b147d.jpg

Refer to my previous posts in this thread showing you how to see the Fitness points screens in the watch itself.
  • skoteroverallskoteroverall Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    skoteroverall

You have to be on firmware 1.6.26.
    You should be on Tom Tom Sports v8.0.3.
    You must of course start doing some HR based activities on your watch.

You must click on the Circle bubble that appears at the top middle of the webpage to access the Fitness Points Page. See attachment.

b84da6bc-faf6-47bb-b3da-d43c8f7b147d.jpg

Refer to my previous posts in this thread showing you how to see the Fitness points screens in the watch itself.

I am still on 1.3.255 (living in Sweden).
  • MachMach Posts: 89 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Jojoba86 wrote:
    I see the same. I updated yesterday, and no points are shown against my two activities from that day in the activity list.
    That's exactly the same thing I observed myself. No score for the activity I performed on the day of update. The other activities are scored properly. This seems a bug but as far as I'm aware there's no solution for that.
    Superusers
    Maybe this posts problem is related to this post https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/no-heart-rate-information-1027769 where the user complains of "missing heart rate on some kilometers".

If the heart rate data is too low (or missing as per the linked post) - then no fitness points?
  • enjoyashenjoyash Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I can now see the attachments of the original post.

Non Cardio device - you get no points (even if you use an external HRM strap)

Cardio device - you get points, but only if you have the Heart Sensor ON or EXTERNAL. If it's OFF you get no points. If you used EXTERNAL and was using an external HRM strap you should still get points.

There are other criteria that would not result in any points eg. swimming, or you wearing clothing underneath the watch. Look into the link that Jurgen provided where it explains everything nicely regards Fitness Age/Points.

I have not had any problems myself with missing points between the Activity List page and the Fitness Points page.

If there is no other explanation - then Tom Tom should look into this for you guys.

As I specified in the first post i have a spark cardio and i run always with cardio on.

This is the link at the activity without points:

https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/webapi/v2/activity/perm_R0FzPUXv7AFWYmT6uV_HMHfOoVlszBV249Y3hdbdXnNmb2aBtgFTwP1i1cxzLsEWia1aJZH4jYQbOytN_UdKEg?format=html

As you can see, the activity has a regular cardio trace.

Anyway it seems a problem only for the past activities, so it's not much important.
  • Marcus_PearceMarcus_Pearce Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have just updated and I'm seeing the same thing. Did lots of activities last week, only one is showing on the Fitness Page on the website and the app. However all the activities seem to have attracted points, except for the bike ride I did yesterday. The bike ride i did yesterday, recorded heart rate data but was given no score. I have attached some screen shots. I hope support can explain what going on and provide a fix.

My watch is on software version 1.6.26
    The app is on version 8.03
    TomTom Sports Connect is on 3.3.4 (Mac Version)
  • jdwet1980jdwet1980 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I have Spark Cardio Music and updated my watch last time yesterday. I have still not gotten the Feature "fitness points" on my watch, app or webpage. =(

I'm having the same issue, any recommendations?
  • HenrikAhlforsHenrikAhlfors Posts: 29 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I just got 1402 Fitness points for walking 15 min (very slow). Two days ago I got 185 and green.
    Is this a new record? What's your Fitness point record? I think this 1.6.26 is buggy or I don't
    understand this feature =(
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

A few things to keep in mind regarding the fitness points and Fitness Age calculation:
    • Based on VO2max, which again is measured from your heart rate during activity
    • Fitness points are calculated based on your current fitness level, i.e. your Fitness Age
    • You get fitness points for each activity based on the intensity (heart rate) and duration - longer duration at high heart rate level gives more points

Please, see the following FAQs for more information.

Fitness Age

VO2max and Fitness Age calculation

Variation of fitness points for different activity types

Improving your Fitness Age

Similar activities not earning the same amount of fitness points

Cheers, Mikko
  • Marcus_PearceMarcus_Pearce Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Sorry MikkoK, but you are missing the point. Since the update a number of issue have been identified. I can no longer sync using my iPad, I've 'forgotten' the watch in both the app and the bluetooth settings and now it won't pair at all. Before you ask 'Yes' i rebooted the iPad as well. I've raised a ticket as it seems that the data before the update is not really working the way it should be. The support team seem to agree that there is a problem with the update (see below). That said I am able to sync using the cable to my MacBook and the points seem to make sense to me.

Thank you for contacting TomTom in relation to fitness points and syncing issues. The reference number for your query is 17xxxx-xxxxxx.

Indeed we are facing more issues with the newest software 1.6.26. Let me escalate this case to our internal support. In forthcoming message i will send you update.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!