3 year subscription TOM TOM GO android app- Not able to subscribe — TomTom Community

3 year subscription TOM TOM GO android app- Not able to subscribe

john galaxyjohn galaxy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi all, I have purchased a 1 year subscription of Tomtom GO mobile app for an android device. I wish to upgrade to a 3-year subscription. When I go to "upgrade" in the app, it only allows me to upgrade for 1 month or 1 year. How do I upgrade to 3 years? Any assistance will be most appreciated. John

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    How do I upgrade to 3 years?
    You can not.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    HI John,

Welcome to the Community!

The 3 year subscription was discontinued some time ago. We currently offer 1 month and 1 year subscriptions.

We do also occasionally have campaigns with different subscription lengths and pricing so keep an eye on your inbox :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • john galaxyjohn galaxy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Do you know if there is a discounted rate if you buy 2 years? I bought initially for 1 year and then bought again for another year. The expiry date was extended by 2 years in total. I was just wondering if there is a better package that can be bought at once. Not having to renew every year. Any comments will be appreciated.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    HI John,

The subscriptions indeed never overlap but a new subscription always extends the previous, currently running one.

Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of discount scheme at the moment. It sounds like a good idea though :D I'll log it as an improvement request for the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • PinkmanPinkman Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi as the 3 year subscription is not available anymore and not available in New Zealand, I will not be renewing my subscription
  • IanS100IanS100 Posts: 302 [Supreme Navigator]
    Pinkman wrote:
    Hi as the 3 year subscription is not available anymore and not available in New Zealand, I will not be renewing my subscription

Snap! My 3 year subscription has just expired too and, as this is no longer available, I won't be renewing either. Removing this option was very short sighted of TomTom.
  • GermanatorGermanator Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    3 year subscription expiring in 3 days. I won't renew just for one month or 1 year, especially not for the higher price and certainly not since the app is hardly any better since i first got it three years ago. I'll wait for a deal and remove the app and use competition until then.
  • otas_peotas_pe Posts: 79 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My subscription will expire soon as well. There is no 3 years offer and no development. So bye bye TomTom.
  • KodloNKodloN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    +1
    I assumed, that I would automatically be offered a next-3-year renewal, maybe even at discounted price to me as a loyal customer, but I was surprised - there is no 3-year renewal and the 1-year renewal price is higher than it was 3 years ago.
    It's risky move from TomTom, I think.
  • KodloNKodloN Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Renewal solved with TomTom support
  • DougBrooksDougBrooks Posts: 22 [Master Explorer]
    have to agree with the others in this thread, a 3 year renewal is the way to go, mine is due next year so i hope you guys go back and change this ridiculous money grabbing idea and give us the 3 year deal again.
  • wrigharwrighar Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Perplexed by the lack of a 3 yr renewal.
    My Previous 3 yr subscription has just expired, but I will not renew for just a year, especially as it only get used 1-2 times a year.

Back to free mapping until a 3 yr sub returns.
  • DougBrooksDougBrooks Posts: 22 [Master Explorer]
    My 3 years is up this year so what was the deal worked out for user KodloN?
    I would love to continue using this in the cars head unit . but as data is so cheap when you are on a plan i may as well stay swap to google maps if nothing can be worked out.
  • say2starssay2stars Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Very Bad!!! The 3 years is gone.

I am not extending!

I’ve already bought the 2 old paid apps for Europe and USA. And now the overpriced 1 year subscription is no go. Will switch to Google maps that give almost the same for free as I have high volume data plan with my phone.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,110 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited March 2019
    I’ve already bought the 2 old paid apps for Europe and USA. And now the overpriced 1 year subscription is no go.
    When GO Mobile was first launched there was an upgrade offer of 3 a year subscription for each paid TomTom Navigation app for some tiny cost. So you would qualify for 6 years of subscription. Maybe a forum moderator would comment on whether that old offer remains available.
  • HevskiHevski Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited August 2019
    My 3 year subscription is coming to an end this week to. I to will be voting with my wallet and not renewing.

As other people have commented I too believe this is shortsighted to remove this as a subscription option.

Under the current pricing model 3 years costs £45! Might as well go buy a physical device at that kind of money

TomTom need to be careful the market is very competitive, with decent free options (especially against the likes of Google et al). Come on TomTom don't go for a quick cash grab, provide some more valuable subscription options
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0