BUGS IN 1.6.26 - BAD FIRMWARE

HenrikAhlfors
HenrikAhlfors Registered Users Posts: 29
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Summary: SMS notifications is useless with the BIG font (note: sometimes very BIG and sometimes normal) When font is normal, you don't have time to read sms before its gone :( Also lots of English when you select Swedish and todays steps can not be selected as default option when clicking left. I give the firmware 1 of 5 stars. BAD FIRMWARE

1) No option to set today walked steps as default when you press the "left button"
2) When you press the "left" button, "new feature" language is in English despite factory reset
3) No option to set Freestyle as default training form, why do I need to scroll down?
4) Incoming SMS notifications (TEXT) to big, can only read 3 words with Samsung S7.
EDIT: Next SMS received was better, but no option to read the SMS and after 1-2sec its completly gone.
How about option to disable vibration on sms? Its enough that the phone vibrates, i just want to quick read...
5) In settings/options (with Swedish language) TomTom uses SUMMER instead of SOMMAR (lang translation issue)

Comments

• Krzyzu011
    Krzyzu011 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Outstanding Explorer
    Regarding translation I spot that if I have Polish language set, on training I do not see name for Heart Zone nr. 4 (only number and blank spot).
  • icemac
    icemac Registered Users Posts: 199
    Legendary Explorer
    @Krzyzu011
    Polish word "WYDAJNOŚĆ" is to long ;) they are looking for the solution

@HenrikAhlfors
    every opinion is useful for TomTom
  • HenrikAhlfors
    Outstanding Explorer
    @Icemac True and I don't want to be rude but lang translation issues just tells me a lot of TomTom internal testing.

With that said I would like that they restore left button to take us (by default) to todays walked steps. Most people
    in Sweden walk 40 min a day to accomplish the 10K and by nature we don't want to walk more.... so we want to
    view today's steps in just one click. Rest of features is not as important as todays steps.

When it comes to activity I would bet most people wants to track their walk, therefore Freestyle, Swimming should
    be at right top. Maybe Running before Swimming. Today I need to click 7 times on the button to get to Freestyle
    (walking with gps) ... to get some fun statistics:(

Also once a week I can't start FreeStyle mode due to low battery. Replace the Icon at left bottom with a battery indicator instead.
    I want to get this information fast, how mutch battery theirs left...

Regarding SMS notifications, some smilys or hearts may cause font to be very big. Hopefully it was just a temporary bug. But I wonder how much time TomTom spent on testing this.

Regarding possible bugs: When clicking left, down (displaying todays steps), so far it says I have walked 510 steps since reset, but the circle bar (telling me an estimate in % is not moving). Is this working for you guys?
  • chris-fr
    chris-fr Registered Users Posts: 41
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ahahahah most people want to track their walk? My guess (and it's a wild one) for a SPORT watch also called "runner" I bet people use this watch mainly for running but I'm not certain about this XD
    I personally never track my walk.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,486
    Community Manager
    To set steps as a default you need to select steps as a goal in the tracker menu.
  • HenrikAhlfors
    Outstanding Explorer
    @Jürgen big thank you for this solution! So SETTINGS > TRACKER > GOAL and change to STEPS. Working and now the slider is moving, as before firmware update. THANKS AGAIN for this!

@chris-fr in my market the sport watch is marked as TomTom SPARKS 3. It's not marked as a dedicated runner watch. Most pro runners in Sweden probably has a SUNTO just for running. I see this smartwatch as a allround watch, where walking should be as important as running. And considering the price point for a walking watch with GPS its attractive. I use Freestyle mode every day for statistics but the GPS is also cool to have when you walk at new places, in new forests etc. and find something interesting and want to go back. In my opinion this watch is to focused on gym and running (and thats the reason why I will switch back to Garmin in Q4 when their new products are being launched/sold). However it have been nice to try TomTom world. I have gained a lot of experience and now I know what kind of features I really must have.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Hi HenrikAhlfors,

I'm also checking with the guy who localises the UI strings to find out what happened. Other than "Get Going" everything should be in Swedish.

Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • chris-fr
    chris-fr Registered Users Posts: 41
    Apprentice Traveler
    Considering the price range and the fonctionnalities offered if you think Garmin or SUnto have a better price/quality ratio please be my guest I personally think that a multi sport watch with swimming cycling and running that include a MP3 player and daily HR tracking under 200£ is a pretty sweet deal. The only thing that was missing for me was personalised intervals training and VO2max but it's coming now so I'm really impatient to have this update. One last thing this is a Sport/training watch I hate being disturb while I'm training so I really don't care about notification and Im sure I'm not alone in that case (plus battery draining). This is definitely not a smart watch I think since you should indeed look somewhere else like apple garmin or sunto but be ready to flush a lot of cash :)
  • HenrikAhlfors
    Outstanding Explorer
    @Jürgen I thought 5) was SUMMER (SOMMAR) in Swedish, but this has nothing to do with the time of the year. However SUMMER is a really unknown word in Swedish (only for Tech people?). Now I understand that it has to do with vibration on/off. How about changing it so 99% of people actually understand that this option enables or disables the vibrator function. The correct language in my opinion would be: VIBRATOR PÅ/AV (ON/OFF). The word VIBRATOR is used in all cell phones. But Point 1 is solved, 2-5 is work in progress, However whats interesting is that 2) when I got 437 Points, it switched to Swedish lang and updated text to "AKTIV" (Active).

@chris-fr I totally agree with you that 150 EURO is a very nice deal for the SPARKS3. Actually the price, was not the only reason why I decided to go Tom Tom. To be honst it was replace bands for cheaper devices since the bands often last a year. TomTom is outstanding on this, offering replacement bands and in different colors. However, I am aware that Garmin and other has catched up on this PRO.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Hi HenrikAhlfors,

Thanks for your feedback. The team is will be looking into this.

Thanks,
    Jürgen