TomTom Go for IOS, I still can not use it as I cant get any sound/voice command — TomTom Community

TomTom Go for IOS, I still can not use it as I cant get any sound/voice command

JanV_dkJanV_dk Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
Its soon a sad day, has been happy with TomTom Nordic but its now "late September" and support and upgrades are stopping.
Driving a 2016 VAG and connecting my Iphone 7 via Bluetooth, that part is working like a charm.
On the good old TomTom Nordic I could in the bottom of the screen click on the navigation bar and choose to get the sound from the Iphone speaker or the bluetooth connection.
Thats not an option on TomTom go, and therefore I can not get any speach instruction when listening to radio, its only giving me instruction if streaming music over bluetooth.
In 99% of the time I drive I use the radio and will continue doing that.

So TomTom Go ??? should I leave my Tom Tom product and get Garmin, Navigon or something that works?
Has been using Tom Tom ever since I had a Dell Pda and had in the meantime severel diffent "stand alone" units for my car and for my motorcycle.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    HI Jan,

Welcome to the Community!

We do understand that for many people used to the old app the change to GO Mobile is a big step. We've been working hard on the GO Mobile app and continue to do so bringing new - and old - features as well as improving the app in other ways. You can see what's already been delivered and what's coming in the next releases here.

The latest update for the Android™ version of GO Mobile had a major improvement for audio handling. Hopefully something like that can be done with the iPhone version as well :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • JanV_dkJanV_dk Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks but most major updates, even if Its different and a huge step to users, are normally improvements and a better performance.
    It seems like the Go is a light 1. edition test thing and not even close to nearly beeing released.
    I find it very far from the normal Tom Tom performance and easy to use interface.
    I would have expected the old app to get a overhaul, but destroying well working funktions is a disaster.

But Its easy to see why Tom Tom did it, Its a way to improve profit as you now pay per use/year.

Instead you will now give your users to Garmin, Navigon or some of the groning all for free players on the market.

Truely very dissapointed, and will say goodbuy to all your products as they no longer fullfill a usable user interface and needed functions.