Is version 1.6.26 really for all watches? — TomTom Community

Is version 1.6.26 really for all watches?

jcrespin72jcrespin72 Posts: 28 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
In Spain, version 1.6.26 has been released, but only for Sapark 3, Runner 3 and Adventurer (see attached picture). Will this version be released for Spark 2 and Runner 2? when?

Thanks

Comments

• Stefan 40 NederlandStefan 40 Nederland Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yes, working on my spark
  • Ivan291976Ivan291976 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    e8830ca5-d55e-4435-a33b-e4774bd5c083.png si se actualiza
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,101 Superusers
    It is a staged rollout, being released in increments to allow them to monitor issues. They released to 5% this week and will do more next week and the week after if there are no major problems. Last I heard they are looking at the end of the month for full rollout. There is nothing you can do to make it come faster, we just have to wait our turn.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    What changes/features can we find in this update?
    Is it connected with fitness advisor?
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    Krzysiek17 wrote:
    What changes/features can we find in this update?
    Is it connected with fitness advisor?

Hi Krzysztof,

You can check on the website
    https://pl.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/watch2015
  • Krzysiek17Krzysiek17 Posts: 51 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Dzięki ;-)
  • WoodlegWoodleg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Tomtom Runner2 Cardio, and the firmware update is still not available when I connect the device to Tomtom Sports Connect.
    It uploads the activities, updates the Quickfix GPS, and start charging, but doesn't update to the latest firmware.
    Hope It will be soon available, I'm interested in autopause mode.
  • jygjygjygjyg Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    The Android app tells me there is an available update for my Spark watch, but when I connect the watch to Tomtom Sports Connect on PC, nothing happen.

tomtom Sports App: 8.0.3
    Spark fireware: 1.3.255
    Sports Connect: 3.3.4
  • saiki4116saiki4116 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    It showed the update available on Sports Mobile App, but when I have connected the Watch for Updating, it's just charging. A whats new link is there, but not getting updated.
  • RVHRVH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here with my Spark Cardio+ Music. No option to update from 1.3.255 to 1.6.26.
    Very poor communication on this from TomTom if it is a staged roll out. They are very quick to advertise all the new features, but hopeless when it comes to actually advising users how the update will be rolled out
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,101 Superusers
    They have said all along it is a staged rollout, being released in increments to allow them to monitor issues. They released to 5% this week and will do more next week and the week after if there are no major problems. Last I heard they are looking at the end of the month for full rollout. There is nothing you can do to make it come faster, we just have to wait our turn.
  • RVHRVH Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I understand the reasoning behind a phased rollout, but FWIW the Australian release notes do not mention anything about a stagged rollout https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/watch2015/locale/en_ID
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,388 Community Manager
    RVH wrote:
    I understand the reasoning behind a phased rollout, but FWIW the Australian release notes do not mention anything about a stagged rollout https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/watch2015/locale/en_ID
    Good point. I've added it now., even if it's not in the most prominent place at this time.
  • HanyssHanyss Posts: 35 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    And what beta testers done past half year? OMG....
  • ToeKneeToeKnee Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Yes, and whomever is running the Twitter handle advised they don't give release dates. Something I was initially excited for is now looking bungled.
  • Jojoba86Jojoba86 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    If you want 1.6.26 now try using a VPN service that offers a bunch of different servers. Keep trying a different server until you are offered it. You will need to connect first, then plug in your watch and check. If it is not offered disconnect the watch and try again on a different server.

I use NordVPN and found UK Server #50 let me get the update!
  • eXPerienceeXPerience Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I'm going to try it with free VPN

EDIT: found it with TunnelBear and United States Server
  • dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    eXPerience wrote:
    I'm going to try it with free VPN

EDIT: found it with TunnelBear and United States Server

Thank you very much for this!
  • xabydxabyd Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    On September 14, my adventurer was updated. A few days later, at the support request, I made a reset on watc. It has not been updated since then. Once it has been updated, why not now?