Syncing from Watch to iPhone 6 stopped working, now phone (Sports app) not connecting — TomTom Community

Syncing from Watch to iPhone 6 stopped working, now phone (Sports app) not connecting

Barny DayBarny Day Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Up until recently I had no problems syncing my activities directly from my watch to my phone via the tom tom app. However recently it stopped working. I can only sync all my activities when my watch is connected to my laptop. As a result I disconnected my watch from my phone in a number of ways including deleting the app and reinstalling, getting the tom tom app to forget my watch and disconnecting the bluetooth connecting. However now my phone cannot find my watch at all. It knows that it is trying to connect a tom tom GPS watch but then fails to connect. A host of problems. Any answers much appreciated.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,578
    Superusers
    There may be an issue in the latest build affecting iOS a you are not the only one with the problem. However, it may also be how you reset it, as you need to follow the steps in a specific order. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.