Is there a way to not have to re-pair the Touch to my phone every day? — TomTom Community

Is there a way to not have to re-pair the Touch to my phone every day?

johnnycolumbiajohnnycolumbia Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
I have a Touch with Body Composition which I am using with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Every day, it works fine for a few hours, syncing with my phone regularly and updating on the app, then after a while it starts to say 'We are waiting for your band' on the app and the band no longer syncs to the phone and the app. I've tried turning Bluetooth on and off, and waking the band up, but nothing seems to work. The only thing that is effective is deleting the bluetooth connection and going through the pairing process again. Then the band and app start to sync again for a few hours.

Is there any way to keep them synced so I don't have to keep deleting and re-pairing the band and phone over and over again?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,384
    Superusers
    I would try factory resetting the watch and then starting the pairing process over. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (optional), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • johnnycolumbiajohnnycolumbia Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there,

That process you describe is what I've been doing every day- I've just done it again this morning and the band successfully paired with the phone, but then immediately the app has gone back to saying 'We're searching for your fitness tracker' and no data is syncing from the band to the app. The data showing on my app is still from yesterday- nothing from today has synced to the app, even though the band indicated that it had successfully paired with the phone, Usually I get a few hours before that happens, today it happened pretty much straight away.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,384
    Superusers
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Johnny,

Welcome to the Community!

We've recently merged the TomTom and Sports accounts and it sounds like you need to log in again in the Sports app using the TomTom account initials. You might also need to reset your password here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Lemony SnicketsLemony Snickets Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any progress on this topic? I'm having the same problem
  • sharlvzsharlvz Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Guys
    This is terrible, my wife and I both own the Tom Tom Touch with Cardio and we have exactly the same problem. Even with all the resets uninstall / reinstall etc etc.

I literally have to delete and re-pair the device with my phone daily.

I will never buy another Tom Tom product.
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    sharlvz wrote:
    Hi Guys
    This is terrible, my wife and I both own the Tom Tom Touch with Cardio and we have exactly the same problem. Even with all the resets uninstall / reinstall etc etc.

same here. Last Tomtom product...
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    sharlvz wrote:
    Hi Guys

same here, and no update fixing this issue... very poor service from Tomtom