Map Preview blocked by the POI icons — TomTom Community

Map Preview blocked by the POI icons

I've had my 6000 Truck for a few months now and would like to raise an issue with the map preview.

After selecting the destination you get a map preview of the route you need to take. As you can see from this pic it is pretty much useless. I've only had the device a few moths and I've already half filled the route up with My Place stars. Give it a year and I doubt you'll see any of the map at all. The red traffic dots are useless to us too.

I've looked all through the menus for a way to turn all this off but can't find anything.

It would be good if we could see a clear route of where we need to go utilising as much of the screen as possible.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,686
    Superusers
    Hi
    I use this method as a workaround for my "_Favorite Catagory"... Your POI Category titles could, of course, be any name i.e..."Regular drop off points" in 1 folder, "Truck Parks" in another folder
    Create a POI Category with your Favorite places
    Using your PC to build your own MyPlaces (Favorites) Database and load them into your Go
    Download the Free Tyre to Travel Basic..... http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/
    Tyre To Travel uses Google Maps and the large screen on your PC to view the maps, it easier than to scrolling around the screen of your Tomtom GO to find your MyPlaces (Favorites)

(1)..... Run Tyre to Travel
    Wait for Tyre to stop being busy

(2).....Double Click on the Tyre map at the position you would like to create a POI (Favorite) or use the yellow box in Tyre to search for addresses postcodes etc...

(3)….. To prevent double entry's in MyPlaces on the GO, when you are planning POI's (_Favorites), edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name that means something to you or modify the Name offered by Tyre so it becomes unique
    (3.1)..... When you have finished compiling your list,
    (3.2)….. From the Tyre "File Tab" select "Convert to a TomTom POI File”

e5b145ab-3a27-4fab-8142-8acd71b104de.png(3.3)….. From the Tyre "File Tab” Select “Save as" I saved my file to the Desktop as "_Favorites (Note "_Favorites.ov2" The Underscore before the "_F" is not displayed on the Tomtom screen, but it forces the POI category to the top of the list

Note: Saving a file is the only way I have found to give the file the name you want rather than the default name, it’s also handy to have a backup of your .Ov2 file on your PC

(4.0)..... Use My Drive to load your New Favorites POI Category to your device

Using MyDrive.....
    [video]

You can now delete the MyPlaces that aren't required (Saves the MyPlaces blue star screen clutter) and use your New Favorites POI Category instead

If needed, you can search a POI Category: See.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/tomtom-launches-mydrive-976972?postid=1004348

ATB YFM
  • ZefapanomZefapanom Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the workaround but that simply isn't good enough on a £400 device.
  • FandangoFandango Posts: 215 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi Zefapanom!

I've asked many times for an option/button to show/hide POIs from the map (map view and navigation view) with no avail. I have the same problem of yours but at this point I believe there must be some difficulties to implement that easily. I don't know... :(

There's the workaround YMF mentioned but as you said "that simply isn't good enough on a £400 device".