No 'rotation' setting on Spark 3 HR — TomTom Community

No 'rotation' setting on Spark 3 HR

Ziggy50Ziggy50 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, my sister got a Spark 3 without HR and it has a setting of rotation when running, cycling etc. I was wondering why isn't the same setting on my Spark 3 HR which is meant to be the better model. I would really like that function. Also why can she zoom in three times with the watch for GPS when I can only zoom twice. Maybe it's because her model is the Runner 3? Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    The Spark3 HR is not a better model, it is just a different configuration. The software is the same in both models (Spark3 & Runner3 are identical watches, the name is different for marketing purposes only) . Rotation is only available in the Trails function, which both models have. Are you on the latest firmware, it sounds like you are on an old firmware before they added the rotation option and increased the zoom levels? You will be prompted to update when you plug into a computer, it cannot be done via the phone apps.

If you are not getting prompted, perform a factory reset which will install the latest firmware. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.