Report problems with roads Issues in v995

IGIIGI Posts: 140 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 15 in Map quality
Hello!

Since the MSR tool is so outdated, do you have any suggestions how to report problems with roads which are only visible in v995?

Generally, with problems arisen in latest version.

If I put a pin quite far from new problem, but just on visible road in MSR, the whole description may be quite vague and far fetched for the guy who checks it.

Comments

• RobbiebotRobbiebot Posts: 197 TomTom Employee
    Hi IGI,

I'm afraid there is no real way around the delayed versioning for Mapshare reporter.

That being said, our map editors reference our internal map database, which always has our newest maps. So you can still submit the report, and our editors will be able to interpret it based on our latest data.

Cheers,
    Robbie
  • IGIIGI Posts: 140 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It makes sense, but still, sometimes MSR does not allow us to drop particular PIN that far from a road. (because of the lacking road from v995 the pin goes quite far from a real place of report).
  • RobbiebotRobbiebot Posts: 197 TomTom Employee
    Hi IGI,

Indeed, it is quite limiting, and I understand the frustration.
    The intent is that in the not so distant future to get Mapshare to a point where the freshness of the map is much more up to date.

In the meantime, I'm afraid I can only ask you to bear with us.

Kind Regards,
    Robbie
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,803 Superusers
    You could always put a report in the 'Other' category. Those you can place at any location on the map. It could be a temporary workaround for now.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 140 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Megalos wrote:
    You could always put a report in the 'Other' category. Those you can place at any location on the map. It could be a temporary workaround for now.
    I'm aware of that and I made this ticket before:
    58f301e6-1985-4063-b5b2-4c2b8a93d58a.png

But reports of "Other" type, don't have this simple straightforward options to ALTER speed limit or don't have this clear and concise time-table of hours when this road is restricted, etc.

And also, there is this warning, that reports of "Other" type may be handled slower, as it need personal approach and can't be automated (like a simple name change, a map verifier can check many name changes swiftly, whereas in cases like "Other" they need to have better insight).
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,803 Superusers
    Yes, I know. But better than nothing at the moment :).