Sports app on Android only uploading if force-restarted

spongy bobspongy bob Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
Hi,

My gear: Tomtom Spark 3, Google Pixel & Moto E.

I do my run. The data transfers via BT just fine. The .ttbin ends up on my phone just fine. But nothing happens. For ages. And ages.
I have to force-quit the Sports app then restart it, then immediately my run is uploaded. The exact same behaviour happens both with my Pixel and with my Moto E.

Am I the only with that problem??

Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    Others have indicated upload lag as well and it seems to generally be caused by not having a WiFi connection. When they turn WiFi on it immediately uploads and appears. I think maybe it does not have a strong cellular signal so it is caching it until it gets better signal perhaps. TT has not given any indication of the cause or solution to the problem here. You may want to reach out to Customer Support to see if they have more information. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • spongy bobspongy bob Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    It is not due to network connectivity.
  • neldiogoneldiogo Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the exact same problem...it's not a connectivity problem.
    Trail Runner