Siri/Google Now feature without phone access turned on — TomTom Community

Siri/Google Now feature without phone access turned on

fredaroony2fredaroony2 Posts: 111 [Prominent Wayfarer]
I don't want to use the Tomtom for handsfree calling as I my car head unit already has bluetooth but just want to know if you can still use the Siri/Google Now feature if you disable the phone option in the bluetooth on the Tomtom. Anyone know?

Is it possible to have the car and Tomtom connected for phone without it causing issues?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi fredaroony2,

On your profile it states GO 500 as your device. Is that correct? GO 500 only supports sharing your phone's internet connection through Bluetooth® tethering.

Cheers, Mikko
  • fredaroony2fredaroony2 Posts: 111 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi fredaroony2,

On your profile it states GO 500 as your device. Is that correct? GO 500 only supports sharing your phone's internet connection through Bluetooth® tethering.

Cheers, Mikko

I have a 500, 5100 and just bought a 520 because I could not get a straight answer about what Tomtom is going to do about the 2G network being shutdown.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi freadaroony2,

Thanks for the confirmation!

All the Bluetooth® features work using different profiles. I believe the Activate phone feature works through the hands free profile. I'll try to double check this. If that's the case, it depends whether your phone supports connecting to two hands free devices simultaneously.

For more information about Bluetooth® connections, please see here.

The future of 2G networks is not in our hands. We are, however, prepared for the changes. Please, see the statements I've posted about this here. I'll update that topic as soon as new information becomes available.

Cheers, Mikko