Moto G5 Plus and TomTom Go- It is stuck on loading screen, — TomTom Community

Moto G5 Plus and TomTom Go- It is stuck on loading screen,

barrygritzbarrygritz Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Have just purchased a new Motorola G5 plus and downloaded the GO app. When opening the app it get stuck on the loading screen. Have tried deleting and reinstalling but the same happens. There is plenty of memory available (over 20GB). The phone is running Android 7.0. It worked perfectly on my old Moto G4. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Barry,

Welcome to the Community!

Please, follow the steps below to sort this out:
    • Uninstall the app\
    • Log out of the Playstore
    • Delete Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp
    • Open the Playstore log in and reinstall

Please, post back here if you have further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • barrygritzbarrygritz Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi
    Have tried to do that as seen that as a previous response. Unfortunately there are no folders/files (Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp) to be deleted. The app doesn't open for any maps to be downloaded.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Barry,

I'm sorry to hear the problem persists!

Do you have the app installed on a memory card or internal memory? If it's on memory card, which brand and speed is the card?

Cheers, Mikko
  • barrygritzbarrygritz Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi. I first installed without any memory card. It downloads, tells me what's new the when I click Done all I get is Loading App and a spinning wheel.
    • Phone model: • Android / Motorola G5 plus
    • App ID: Not found in About

Are you using an Sd-Card? No but have tried it with a SanDisk Extreme 64GB card to no avail
    What is the type/class of the SD Card? Class 10, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 f
    Is the SD card encrypted? No
    Did you recently remove the SD card from your phone? No
    If the test without the SD Card does the issue persist? Yes
  • foxhunter2foxhunter2 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Somehow enable network in background. For the S7 Edge the solution was in the battery settings.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-android-156/solution-app-loading-hang-on-s7-edge-1027021