My map subscription disappear — TomTom Community

My map subscription disappear

upset_customerupset_customer Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
edited September 2018 in Map purchasing
hello,
there is problem with my map subscription.

My map is UK & Ireland and was valid till 2025 year.

Today I enter in my account & find message that my map subscription expire!

Can you please try to resolve this issue???

Device: 825 LIVE / model 00.01.31_EU

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    This is a user forum. you'll need to deal with support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • upset_customerupset_customer Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    My Story ...

I send message to TOMTOM support:

hello,
    there is problem with my map subscription.

My map is UK & Ireland and was valid till 2025 year.

Today I enter in to my account & find message that my map subscription expire???

Can you please try to resolve this issue???

My login is : *********************************
    Device: 825 LIVE / model 00.01.31_EU

They send me stupid answer. Probably there is robot or non educated foreigner dealing with me from call-center outside of UK? :

I understand from your e-mail that you are unable to activate or use your free lifetime maps update service for your GO LIVE 825 device. You can simply provide me with the Scanned copy or Photo of Proof of purchase or Exchange and the photo of the box mentioning the offers and I will be able to investigate further from my end once I receive these documents.

Did I say this? NO!

What I say was: My map is UK & Ireland and was valid till 2025 year.

Today I enter in my account & find message that my map subscription expired!

I return mu answer to them:

I don’t have receipt or box because I buy this item 2013 or 2012 and throw them (box & receipt) in the bin after activation if my maps.

......................................................................................................

My question to all of you here in this forum is: - Why I need to proof something happens 4-5 years ago, if it's TOMTOM responsibilities to keep and make BACKUP'S of their database where is stated clearly WHAT/ WHO & WHEN ???

Kind Regards :)
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,087 TomTom Moderator
    Hi upset_customer,

I checked your account details and found that the support representative has already sent you a new response regarding this. Also, they assigned the Lifetime map updates for UK & Ireland map on your GO 825 device.

Please connect your device to the computer and update the latest map using the MyDrive Connect application. Hope it helps!

Cheers,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• upset_customerupset_customer Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Many Thanks lampard :)