Annual subscriptions — TomTom Community

Annual subscriptions

Alan KnightingAlan Knighting Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 2018 in Map purchasing
Recently, I renewed my annual subscription for European Maps. Yesterday, I got an e-mail, supposedly from TomTom, telling me that my subscription has expired and is due for renewal. Am I the target of some fraudster who is pretending to be from TomTom?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Here are the customer support numbers:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105

Pick your country and make the call.
  • Alan KnightingAlan Knighting Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Your reply doesn't address my question. I'll wait for a reply from someone in Customer Support. In the meantime I'll use the maps I already have and I'll rely on the fact that TomTom Home thinks that my subscription has not expired.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    My point in listing the customer service numbers was that they should have the proper answer for you.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Alan,

Welcome to the Community!

Please note, that this is a user forum and other users may not be able to answer all questions. TomTom support is available at tomtom.com/support.

We do send reminders around the time subscription run out so the email you got is likely legitimate. The system might not have captured the recent purchase you made to see that you've already renewed your service. If you're still in doubt about the email, you could post a screenshot of it here and mention the address it came from and we can check it for you.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Alan KnightingAlan Knighting Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mikko,

I wanted to report what I thought was an obvious phishing attempt but I couldn't find any way of doing it on the TomTom support pages so I posted a question here but that didn't help in the slightest.

If TomTom's system has not kept up with the fact that I renewed my subscription some weeks ago all I can say is that the TomTom system is appalling.

I think I will log into my TomTom account and raise the question there. Maybe, that is what I should have done in the first place.

Regards

Alan