Which truck nav to buy? — TomTom Community

Which truck nav to buy?

Steve88Steve88 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, I'm a truck driver and would like to know which sat nav would be better for me, I do not have a computer or laptop to connect it to for updates or whatever so any suggestions and info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 11,064
    Superuser
    @Steve88

If you look here https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/truck-sat-nav/products/index.html
    This list TomTom's current truck devices, as long as you have access to WiFi you could select either the
    • GO PROFESSIONAL 520/620
    • GO PROFESSIONAL 6200
    • GO PROFESSIONAL 6250
    depending on the depth of your pockect and how many of the limited bells and whistles you need (click on "Learn more" for each device in the link above)
  • 5100_is_useless5100_is_useless Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have a 5100, so it might be different from the models suggested by Niall. The main problem I have with the 5100 is that the map updates take about 10 hours to complete. Someone might be able to chime in with experience from the models above. I wish I'd never bought mine.
  • Steve88Steve88 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the info guys, I'm looking to get either the GO PRO 6200 or 6250, both suit my needs.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Community!

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved [How to FAQ] so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post back here :D

Cheers, Mikko