TomTom Spark Cardio - 24/7 heartrate tracking — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark Cardio - 24/7 heartrate tracking

whisperbellewhisperbelle Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hey all!

I just got the tomtom spark cardio+music, and I'm trying to get it to measure my pulse 24/7.

I updated the tracker, and I went in to Settings->tracker->Heart->ON

I also go to settings->sensors->heart->ON

However, the HR light only flashes for a minute or so before it turns off. It doesnt seem to measure all the time. I keep having to go in to sensors and heart (its still ON when I get there), and then it turns on again for a short while again.

Whats going on?

Also, does it graph and record heartrate over time like the fitbit surge does (continuously, not just during workouts)? I recently got this tomtom to replace my fitbit surge, and I loved the way it kept track over my pulse every day and graphed it over time.

Thanks all!

EDIT: The same thing happens with pairing as well, apparently. It pairs fine with my phone, but disconnects after about a minute or so.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,049 Superusers
    Hey all!

I just got the tomtom spark cardio+music, and I'm trying to get it to measure my pulse 24/7.

I updated the tracker, and I went in to Settings->tracker->Heart->ON

I also go to settings->sensors->heart->ON

However, the HR light only flashes for a minute or so before it turns off. It doesnt seem to measure all the time. I keep having to go in to sensors and heart (its still ON when I get there), and then it turns on again for a short while again.

Whats going on?

Also, does it graph and record heartrate over time like the fitbit surge does (continuously, not just during workouts)? I recently got this tomtom to replace my fitbit surge, and I loved the way it kept track over my pulse every day and graphed it over time.

Thanks all!

EDIT: The same thing happens with pairing as well, apparently. It pairs fine with my phone, but disconnects after about a minute or so.

The 24/7 HR tracking is only taking a reading once every ten minutes (at 8:00, 8:10, 8:20, etc.), so there is nothing to show on screen. It turns the monitor on, takes the reading and then turns it off. It is not taking a reading every second like in an activity, or else the battery life would be greatly diminished. If you want to see your current HR you have two options, you can press down and go to Sensors>Heart where it will display your current HR or go into an activity start screen and it will show it there. If you want to view your actual HR in real time you would need to start an activity and leave it running all day.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • whisperbellewhisperbelle Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Ohh. I see. Thats too bad. My fitbit measured 24/7 and the battery lasted for days.

I also cant see the measured heartrate anywhere? In activities, nothing shows up.

Does it track resting heart rate in any way? Id like to keep track of my testing heart rate over time.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,049 Superusers
    Ohh. I see. Thats too bad. My fitbit measured 24/7 and the battery lasted for days.

I also cant see the measured heartrate anywhere? In activities, nothing shows up.

Does it track resting heart rate in any way? Id like to keep track of my testing heart rate over time.

I doubt your Fitbit is taking measurements every second 24/7. They all use some larger increment to preserve battery life. I believe FitBit is 5 second intervals unless in a sports mode. You need to go to the Progress tab in MySports and select activity tracking in the dropdown and then click the HR icon at the bottom to get HR data. It will show you your resting HR there.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    The fitbit kept the laser blinking every second 24/7, and always showed a heart rate all day.

Yes, I read it should be at the activity tracking page, but HR does not show up?
    Suddenly the heart rate graph showed up! After going in and out one million times. But there it is :-)

Thanks, all
  • nephewtomnephewtom Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    It happened the same to me, that HR was showing only a purple rounded dot.
    Changing from week to day shows the graph.
    At least that was what was confusing me, in case it helps someone else.