Resting heart rate issues on Runner 2

Granger
Granger Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I buoght my watch 3 weeks ago, it was important to me to measure my resting heart rate. But I can't.
I wear my watch 24/7, in proper position on my wrist. Both the heart tracker and sensor are ON, I selected goals also. But according to my chart the watch only samples 6-8 times a day.
I did factory reset, but did not help.
Could you please help me?
Thanks. Agnes

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    When worn properly the watch should be very accurate for most people (some physiologies will be less accurate - skin tone, arm hair, tattoos, etc. all play a factor). The watch also needs to be worn rather tight (but not to the point of uncomfortable) and needs to be worn much higher up the wrist than a regular watch (about 1" above the wrist bone). Any light seeping under the band will cause interference. Try switching wrists or wearing it on the inside of the wrist and see if that improves it. If not, I would suggest calling Customer Support who can determine if it is a device defect. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Granger,

Did you get this sorted with tfarabaugh’s help?

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved [How to FAQ] so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post back here :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Granger
    Granger Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for your reply tfarabaugh.
    Since then I tried what you suggested but that did not solve the problem. I returned the watch to the shop, and got a new one. It turned out that the HR monitor of the previous watch was not functioning well. Both the red and green lights were on. This new watch works perfectly, only the green led is on, and samples my HR in every 10 minutes. During an activty the sensor works constantly. I am very pleased with this new watch.