TomTom GO 920 not downloading updates — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 920 not downloading updates

James toddJames todd Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi. Looks like I have to retire my tomtom 920 as it is no longer being recognized by windows 7 or 10 and therefore can not download any updates or new maps. Would anybody reccommend the 1505M to take its place or maybe some other model. Any help in this decision greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jim

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Have you tried the reset hole on the bottom of the device? Using the cable that came with the device?

Try a different USB port on the computer.

Also, see here:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7394

Support:

877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
    Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m EST
  • James toddJames todd Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. Thanks for replying. Have done both a soft and factory reset. Have gone through several scenarios regarding usb device not recognized by windows, all with no luck. Device is not listed in device manager and have tried to add a device, but windows only wants to add a web cam. In device manager, clicking on the yellow usb unknown only brings up a code 43. So I'm figuring that there is something wrong with the device. Canadian Tire has the 1505M on sale this week, so if some reccommends it, I just might go and buy it. Thanks. Jim
  • SailorDKCSailorDKC Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My computer doesn't recognize my TT 920. I've changed cables, reset the unit, and even set to factory settings. Computer indicates USB device malfunctioned and Windows doesn't recognize device. After a rest I was able to see the CMOS screen. I notice the time is 00:00 and date reflects 01/01/2000. I suspect this is why my computer doesn't recognize the TT. Any ideas on how to get the update this through wireless or bluetooth?