Heart rate monitoring on runner 2 cardio fails intermittently

Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
During a run the HR displayed on the TT runner 2 cardio displays "---" and the HR icon blinks as if TT is trying to find a pulse. I've stopped, wiped my arm and the lens on the TT, but the TT fails to locate a pulse. After a few minutes a pulse is found. Air temperature was 15C, windy, and cool. No excessive sweat on the wrist.

Example: on a 30 minute run at easy pace, the TT stopped recording HR for a sum total of 10 minutes. This despite stopping to clean the lens on the TT and make certain my wrist was clean and the TT properly positioned. I tested the right wrist and HR displays for a few seconds, then stops, showing "---". I have been using the TT since March 2016 and have never noticed this problem before. It is now 21 July 2017.

As another test, I have been monitoring HR 24/7 with goals set for steps; HR on. When I view HR the next day on the MySports website there are several hour gaps - even during the night - when no HR was detected. As a result I suspect the HR function is defective mechanically.

BTW, I am on the beat test. Perhaps the software is faulty in the beta test?
Any ideas?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    If you are on the beta test, you should be posting this on the beta forum only. It may be a faulty sensor, so I would post it on the beta forum and see if they want to replace the device.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Speedy Gonzales
    Apprentice Traveler
    I just discovered how to do this through a special tab on my MySport page. However, there is no way a comment can be answered directly under the beta test.

I'll let you know.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    If you are a registered beta tester, there is an entirely separate beta forums that is monitored by the development team and they answer questions there.
  • Speedy Gonzales
    Apprentice Traveler
    No. There is no forum for private beta testers. I asked TomTom and none exist. There is only "Feedback & FAQs". Feedback is specific to a list of items TT wants to know about in the beta test. FAQs just show how wonderful the product is.

TT say that my specific questions will not be answered directly but will be considered during the development phase. Here is the message that beta testers see after submitting a comment: "Your feedback is received. Note: We will look at each point of feedback we receive, but we can’t reply to your questions and suggestion individually."

There is a "discussions" option available under "help" which is what got me to this forum. I had assumed it WAS a beta forum, but apparently you say that it is not.
  • plynch
    plynch Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Is there a way to uninstall the beta software? Since I was asked to install it the heart rate goes missing 20-80% of the time. Have it installed about 2 weeks now. issue began straight right after I installed version 1.3.137. Becoming very annoying as I depend on the warning when I go over the 170 mark
  • Speedy Gonzales
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem. TT call it "HR dropout". The problem is now worsened because the TT fails at any time of the day or night: just freezes and displays the same time, until you force a software reset by plugging the TT into the USB port.

I am now on the 1.5.196 version. The software bugs have gotten even worse: I now get a "no battery" icon, and the TT just does nothing until you do a soft reset by plugging the watch into the USB port.

FAQ says: "To leave [the beta test], go to mysports.tomtom.com, then click on your name (or Profile icon) in the top right corner, click 'Settings' and click on 'Manage account'. If you now press the 'Leave TomTom Private Beta' link you will leave the Private Beta Test. You can now install the most recent public production release with TomTom Sports Connect after 24 hours. It's not possible to join the Private Beta Test again after you've left."
    Hope this helps.