Average Pace of Intervals with TomTom Runner 2? — TomTom Community

Average Pace of Intervals with TomTom Runner 2?

overmach-86overmach-86 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Hi all,
I am very happy with my TomTom watch but to be honest I feel it is missing a very important feature, the possibility to show the average pace of the interval during training. Is this going to be implemented?
Thank you,

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,819 Superusers
    Hi all,
    I am very happy with my TomTom watch but to be honest I feel it is missing a very important feature, the possibility to show the average pace of the interval during training. Is this going to be implemented?
    Thank you,

Honestly, I doubt it. It has been requested but has never been implemented in 3+ years. Part of this is due to demand possibly not being high enough to justify resources to it and there are also technical limitations. Pace is always calculated in arrears with a lag. Depending on how short the interval is, it could be shorter than the time needed to compute an average pace for that interval so it would not work. I am not sure how they would get around this in the programming. I am not saying it will never happen, but I read the long term lack of implementation as a no. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RunnerGRunnerG Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Came here looking for this answer too so thanks for asking.

I believe the only way to currently track average pace for each mile, as opposed to average pace of the entire run, is to manually keep starting and stopping a new 1 mile run after every mile of the run.

I'd love to know if there is a better way!
  • starfleetyajstarfleetyaj Posts: 42 [Legendary Explorer]
    If I'm not mistaken, average pace is shown when a manual or auto lap happens. I've commented a few times about this data being displayed vs. showing the actual split time. I would expect the accuracy of the interval pace data would improve the longer the interval. Of course, the lap/pace data is only shown for a few seconds during the workout and then there is no way to see the data again on the watch. However, the pace data will be available in both the mobile app and web. The actual split time is only on the website.