Map upgrades for Western Europe — TomTom Community

Map upgrades for Western Europe

DutchnickDutchnick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in Map purchasing
False advertising.
I have received an email from TomTom offering up to 40% discount on TOM TOM products but guess what, I want their latest maps for Western Europe but the charge is 54.95 Euros, a rip off at he best of times but the failure to offer any sensible discount as suggested is dishonest. As my Tom Tom is getting old I shall just get another make that is not a rip off.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,020 Superusers
    Did they offer it to accessories only, or what is the wording? Also up to 40% doesn't mean exactly 40%. It can be 1% on this, 5% on that, 20% on something else, 40% on whatever (you got the picture).
  • DutchnickDutchnick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just intentionally misleading.
    Your issue is completely different from the OP's. Are you planning to spam all other topics too? Most probably there is a very good reason why your France map is gone and as the device is not just taking off maps on its own, it must had been done with your interaction somehow. But without any further details of what happened exactly and what do you have on your device, difficult to advise what to do next. Check via TomTom HOME, which maps are on the device and which on the PC.
  • jerryathomejerryathome Posts: 10 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Niall wrote:
    @jerryathome

Try looking on MyDriveConnect "MY CONTENT" scroll down to "MY SERVICES" if your France maps is listed click on the "V" and select "Manage your map" to see if you can re-install it

If it does not appear contact Customer Services on Monday

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    solution found from Niall;)
    The 2013 Rider model doesn't use MyDrive Connect. So it is either not the 2013 (or previous) model, or you need TT HOME.
    I wasn't looking for a fight and if you can read English you will see I apologise for my rant I paid and update about 2 years ago did not need to use france until recently it was on my satnav in 2014. now I will sugest that if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

And if you can read English, the very same advice was given to you, just with the software of the 2013 Rider model. So in case MyDrive Connect worked for you, then you have a Rider 400.
  • RonnyRitaRonnyRita Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have ordered and payed a new European map on 3-8-2017. I received the invoice but I did not receive an upgrade (mydrive connect)? My account tells me that the orderd is finished. The website advertised that it was directly downloadable.
    Ask zslot he/she knows everything
    RonnyRita wrote:
    I have ordered and payed a new European map on 3-8-2017. I received the invoice but I did not receive an upgrade (mydrive connect)? My account tells me that the orderd is finished. The website advertised that it was directly downloadable.

If it doesn't show up by the morning, give them a call.
    Ask zslot he/she knows everything

Don't forget matey, you are the one who was ranting. It is a community forum. If you have any issues with them, give them a call or drop them a mail. And instead of the whining, just had to take the advice which was given to you twice and your issue would had been sorted.