Browser is not fully supported — TomTom Community

Browser is not fully supported

namtabmainamtabmai Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
I've been trying to access https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/ today and am getting the error message

"You're trying to use MyDrive on a browser which is not fully supported. For the Best experience, please use the latest version of Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
We apologise for the inconvenience."

I'm currently using the latest version of Chromium, which I have successfully accessed the site with before. So I tried the latest version of Firefox using a complete new profile and am still getting the same error message.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,012
    Superusers
    Works fine for me with the latest version of Opera. Try to clear the cache in the browsers, it might help.
  • namtabmainamtabmai Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Zsolt wrote:
    Works fine for me with the latest version of Opera. Try to clear the cache in the browsers, it might help.

I used an entirely new browser profile which would not have had any cache to clear and it still did not work.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,367
    Superusers
    Fine here with Chrome.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

The compatibility requirements of MyDrive have recently changed. We're working hard to improve this in future releases. Meanwhile, please use one of the recommended browsers for best experience with MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko
    If you read my original comment I am using one of the recommended browsers. The latest version of Firefox, it shows the same message.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi namtabmai,

Please, make sure you have WebGL enabled in the browser:
    1. Enter "about:config" without http:// or www in your browser.
    2. In the window that appears, click on "I'll be careful, I promise!"
      [*} Search for webgl.disabled.
    3. Ensure that its value is false.
    4. Restart the browser.

Cheers, Mikko
  • RichPageRichPage Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, latest version Safari, cache cleared as above.
    Come on TomTom, my brand new GO5200 is a premium priced piece of kit, would expect known glitches to be fixed within a few weeks at least!
    I should have posted a follow up to this.

Thanks, MikkoK. I hadn't realised that the site uses webgl, while it was already enabled in my browser it allowed me to track down the fact my OS wasn't able to create an opengl context.
  • mk41mk41 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Use two browsers on my MacBook Pro, Firefox and Safari, always the latest updates. Been wondering for weeks why MyDrive would work on Safari but not on Firefox. The answer was WebGL which I had disabled on my Firefox NoScripts add-on.