Your fastest/slowest run..... change the units — TomTom Community

Your fastest/slowest run..... change the units

KishaKisha Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I generally use km's and not miles. Yesterday I competed a 8km cross country but the tile says, "Well done on completing your fastest 5 mile". How can I change this tile to reflect 8km? Similarly, a 5km Park Run is referred to as a "2.4 mile".

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    That should be based on the units you have set in MySports. Go onto the site and under settings make sure it is set to kms.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KishaKisha Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That was one of the first things I checked. But before I wrote this reply I checked again... it is set for km/m. [mysports.tomtom.com > settings > preferences > distance/units]. Everything is fine on the stats page, distance = km, pace = min/km, ascent = m, speed = km/hr, elevation = m..... it is just the tile that insists on being in miles. This is what the latest one says for a 8km cross country......

"Fastest 5mi You improved your best pace by 0:18 min/km"
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    Very odd that they would default to miles, especially considering they are a European company who uses metric. Hopefully a developer sees this and can weigh in.
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi,
    Unfortunately the problem is people may use miles, but still run some km races e.g. the Park Run is 5km regardless of where in the world you are. Or you may run marathons/half marathons (26/13 miles), but use km units.

Having said that, my personal opinion is that the personal bests feature needs some more work to give users greater benefit.

Regards,
    Stuart.