Battery life after update

Luxie
Luxie Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Since the recent update to my Spark music/cardio my watch has been struggling to sync to phone and connect to the headphones. But the main problem is that the batter is now only lasting a couple of days before going flat.
I dont wear the watch unless doing an activity so in this time it is just sitting on my desk. I have no tracking on and the sync in set to manual and previously this would last a couple of weeks.
Any one else having these issues?

Comments

• ACD1124
    ACD1124 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    I too am having battery issues...even if i leave it on the charger, it charges and then proceeds to drain. I took it off the charger once fully charged, I went to use it this morning and little battery life.
  • Luxie
    Luxie Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    is that since the upgrade? The watch has been working well for over a year and since this upgrade it seems nothing is working quite right with it!
  • ACD1124
    Master Traveler
    Honestly I am not sure, it has just been since last week. I went to workout, pulled it off the charger and it was basically dead. I checked the suggested items from the website. I thought it was the port on the computer, so I charged from the wall and the same thing happened. I have had this less than a year.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    Hi All,

Welcome to the Community and sorry about the delay in response!

The FAQ below contains some more tips on how to extend the battery life of your watch: Watch battery losing charge too quickly

I would advise you to make a factory reset on your watch if the link above doesn't help. This will re-install the firmware on your watch.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • ACD1124
    Master Traveler
    Thank you. The factory reset has been done. The watch was on the charger yesterday, when I returned home from work, the battery appeared to be full, was not scrolling as if it were charging. I removed from the charger, and it was very low. I rode 3 miles and swam for 40 min and it was dead. Put in on the charger last night, this morning it was still not fully charged. Far more than yesterday and enough for this mornings run. I will check the status when I return home tonight.
  • Axeman71
    Axeman71 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    This is a major issue for me. Since the latest firmware, 1.3.255, my battery will loose more than half of its charge in 24 hours just sitting idle (no activities). I have done a factory reset and it did not help. Before the update 24 hours sitting idle would use about 1/3 of the charge. I made no change to watch settings, just updated the firmware.
  • ACD1124
    Master Traveler
    I have yet to get a full charge. It doesn't seem to matter if it's charging from the computer or a wall adapter. Sitting idle send to drain the battery as well.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,004
    ACD1124 wrote:
    I have yet to get a full charge. It doesn't seem to matter if it's charging from the computer or a wall adapter. Sitting idle send to drain the battery as well.

Hi ACD1124,

This can be an issue with the hardware, please get in touch with the customer support and they'll be able to assist you further.

You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
  • xower
    xower Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello,

I have noticed similar battery drain problem. Mine is not that drastic though. I fully charged the watch on sunday evening, made two short work-comute bike rides (each cca 30 min) on monday and managed to do a third one today morning, but when starting this morning activity, the low battery warning already showed up.

So the fully charged watch now manages only cca 1,5 hour activity with a day and a half 24/7 activity tracking (sleep + HR tracking on). I noticed this fast battery drain aroud 2-3 weeks back. Before that I had no problem with a full week work-comute (5 days - each day twice 30 min bike ride) + 2-3 cca 40-70 min runs. That is around 8 hours of GPS+HR plus 24/7 activity tracking (HR + Sleep tracking)

I have Runner 3 cardio, 24/7 tracking on, sleep tracking on. Purchased 09/16.

I would't say it is caused by watch firmware update, because that was done aroud 6 moths ago and I started to notice frequent low battery warning just few weeks ago. And I doubt that a desktop app update could anyhow influence watch battery performance. So it is most likely a hardware issue (as the warranty is due to expire - sigh....).

I will try to do the hard reset as suggested, but based on your reactions I don't hope in success.