"Accident Black Start" ?

lee8932
lee8932 Registered Users Posts: 73
Legendary Explorer
edited January 2019 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Hi all - Ok since a recent update (couple of months I think) my 5000 reports the words 'Accident Black Start' instead of the usual for the past 3 years 'Accident Black Spot'. Has anybody encountered this issue and found a way to fix it please?

Comments

• Zsolt
    Zsolt Posts: 36,014
     Superuser
    What is the software and map version on the device?
  • lee8932
    Legendary Explorer
    All up to date as of the last versions. I think the issue started after the software update before the most recent one.
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,130
    Superuser
    @lee8932

Please specify the exact versions as there have been problems with certain combinations, to find out see https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214/locale/en_GB and report back.
  • lee8932
    Legendary Explorer
    17.200.0011.311 (0) on the 25/06/217 and the maps are v990.8307 released 04/2017.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for reporting this!

Could you also state the voice you're using, please? Is this reproducible on every black spot location or just a particular one? Could you give us a location for a place where you've observed this, please?

Thanks, Mikko
  • lee8932
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi Mikko - Its the Serena UK one I think its the one that reads out the street names. The one that it happens everytime on is at Clackett Lane services on the M25 in both directions in Surrey UK. In terms of another black spot for comparison I dont think I have driven through another black spot recently to check.
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info! I'll report this to the technicians.

Cheers, Mikko
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,074
    Hello everyone reporting the pronunciation bug with the computer voice...

We are planning to create a ticket of this, we have received some similar reports through the customer service as well.

What information is needed:
    1. Selected computer voice-
    2. Selected country on the device when you first get started-
    3. Language chosen in the device menu-
    Thank you
    Vikram
This discussion has been closed.