Broken case and strap — TomTom Community

Broken case and strap

NedfinnNedfinn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Has anyone else suffered from either a broken case or strap?
A couple of months ago while putting my Touch on charge the casing near to the button felt rough, on looking into this I found that the plastic was brittle and came away when i ran my finger along it.
Then only a couple of days ago whilst wearing my Touch the casing around the button looked different, again I checked this and found that the internal plastic supporting ring within the rubber strap has indeed snapped.
I am now not confident to wear my Touch away from the house as i have found it becoming loose on several occasions.
Any ideas about the warranty on this as it was given to me at Christmas so is nearly 7 months old.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,384
    Superusers
    The warranty is one year in the US and one or two in Europe. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • NedfinnNedfinn Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks, I'll try it again on Monday as i think they are available Monday- Friday and not at the weekend.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,384
    Superusers
    Correct, Customer Support is only open Monday-Friday.
  • SoosieSoosie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi

I have had a similar issue, my watch is only six months old and the strap snapped at the base of the button. the rubber is very thin and I can't imagine replacing the strap every sic months if this is going to happen. it will be a very costly exercise!