Pair watch with Samsung S8 — TomTom Community

Pair watch with Samsung S8

jarrett80jarrett80 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
watch gives a code for pairing, but as soon as code appears it kicks watch back to home screen. phone continues searching with no joy. tried various permutations with no success.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

Comments

• kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Try this.

Forget the watch on the smartphone Bluetooth settings.
    Restart the smartphone.
    On the watch start the pairing process.
    Open the app and try to add the watch.
    If this fails, repeat the process with the watch plugged into the wall charger.
    If that fails, factory reset the watch.
  • jarrett80jarrett80 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks, reset phone, it was still saying iphone when i was trying to pair.

I cant get the run to upload now. its trying to sync but keeps getting kicked off. Finding my first experience with android frustrating. iphone and watch kicked in pretty quickly.
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Connect the watch to your computer and then use TomTom Sports Connect to upload your activities.

Then factory reset the watch and pair your phone with the watch.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,398
    Superusers
    Also keep an eye out for an icon in the notification area at the top, some phone models require you to allow the app access in a separate window that does not pop to the front automatically. On my Samsung tablet it was not giving me the passcode entry but I noticed a tiny icon of a watch at the top of the screen (and you may need to drag down if the notification area is hidden by default). When I opened the notification there was an entry on the list for TomTom Sports watch. Clicking that and confirming the watch then allowed the passcode entry screen to come up. It was being blocked by the tablet OS. It paired just fine after that.
  • Leechy13Leechy13 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there, I'm having the same issue as Jarrett80, and the solution given by Kent Davies is not working for me. I'm not able to connect my watch runner 3 with my S8 on the app. It seems to be connected in the bluetooth menu of the phone, but in the app not on the app :(
    I tried to reset the bluetooth cache of the phone, but nothing seems to work
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    hi,

what version of firmware do You have on watch ?

there are some issues with newest versions.

You can ask TTStaff about downgrade to 1.3.255 or update beta 1.7.60