Is it possible to see my mile splits after a run on my Runner 3 without using the app? — TomTom Community

Is it possible to see my mile splits after a run on my Runner 3 without using the app?

LlennocLlennoc Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
Is it possible to see my mile splits after a run on my Runner 3 without using the app?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,815 Superusers
    Not currently. At one point I remember there being some talk about adding viewable split data on the watch but I am not sure what became of it (and it may have been users talking, nto TT). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LlennocLlennoc Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for the speedy reply. However, I find the fact that you cannot see your splits on the watch very disappointing and most surprising. This feature was available on my older, and much cheaper, watch. It seems like a backward step. The info is stored on the watch, why not allow it to be displayed?
  • starfleetyajstarfleetyaj Posts: 42 [Legendary Explorer]
    This has been discussed/requested in the forums for some time. I've not seen any hint that TomTom hears or plans to respond. In fact, you can't even see the splits on the phone app. The phone app only gives pace. The only place to see the actual splits is on the web site.

I've seen it argued that TomTom is targeting the "casual" user and not people who are using the watch for training. Makes no sense to me. Having time splits vs. pace is what practically every watch in the world gives (including $10 watches from Walmart). Of course, the pace metric is often off too, since it relies on the GPS measurement to calculate it. I've run the exact same lap at a track and seen different pace "splits" since the watch measured the lap either short or long. Not complaining about that too much. Consumer GPS is not an exact science, but it IS ANOTHER REASON to use time splits, as those will be exact.

Of course, these are the same people that measure lap swims in miles vs. meters/yards and swim speeds in MPH vs. per 100 yds/meters, so I really question whether many folks over there have actually participated in any of these sports.
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    @starfleetyaj App shows slips. If we do magnum laps it shows not only splits by km or mile but also the lap split
  • starfleetyajstarfleetyaj Posts: 42 [Legendary Explorer]
    Not sure where/how you are getting the splits. Here's a partial screen capture of what I see on my app. These are 4.5 mile manual split times I took on a recent 9 mile run plus a split after a 1 min warm down. As you can see, I only get pace and ascent. If I had my druthers, I'd have split time and HR shown here instead, though I do find some value in pace. It would be a good 3rd metric.
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Please accept my apologies. I misunderstood your comment. You are right. Time is missing.