Adventurer Strap breaking — TomTom Community

Adventurer Strap breaking

jjdavis420jjdavis420 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Much like my Spark 2, my 5 month old Adventurer strap is starting to split. The plastic they use in these watches is crap. I went through 2 straps on the spark 2 in the course of a year and returned it to REI when TomTom didn't have any straps available to replace it. I picked up an Adventurer because of the hinge at the clasp in hopes that would fix the issue, but alas, the new less than 5 month old watch strap is splitting. TomTom doesn't seem to have any replacement straps available to replace under warranty.

Comments

• Mini MansellMini Mansell Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have just broken my 2nd adventurer strap.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,140 Moderator
    Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Adventurer straps! Broken straps are covered under warranty and Customer support will help you with the replacement.

@jjdavis420: Please contact our customer support and they'll be able to help you further. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.
    I can see that you've already sent an email to the Support for this.

Cheers,
    lampard
    I did.
    Not had a reply as yet though
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,563
    Superusers
    You may want to try and call them, a direct approach may be preferred as emails can get lost in a queue or overlooked. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
  • GioCoGioCo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I just broke my adventurer strap after 6 months; I asked Customer Support and they sent me a new one.
    But what is worring me is, waiting for the the new one I continued to use the old (I used ciano-acrilic glue to repait it) and the strap broke three times in three different positions. that means the strap material lost its characteristics completely, after 6 monthe of normal use.
    I really hope Tomtom change the strap material as soon as possible. I have an old cheap cardio watch (25€) that worked for five years and two of them of continous use, without any strap issue.
    I am on my third strap and actually worried I will lose the watch itself while out if s strap snaps.

Lost confidence in a product is death to that product
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Adventurer straps! Broken straps are covered under warranty and Customer support will help you with the replacement.

@jjdavis420: Please contact our customer support and they'll be able to help you further. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.
    I can see that you've already sent an email to the Support for this.

Cheers,
    lampard

If this forum is not affiliated to TomTom how can you see that?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,140 Moderator
    mcaran1979 wrote:

Hi mcaran1979,

This is a public forum provided by TomTom as a platform wherein users support users. We're here to monitor the discussions and randomly, we do post replies. As a part of TomTom staff, we have access to this information.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    mcaran1979 wrote:

Hi mcaran1979,

This is a public forum provided by TomTom as a platform wherein users support users. We're here to monitor the discussions and randomly, we do post replies. As a part of TomTom staff, we have access to this information.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Instead of that they should concentrate on deliverying a better product with funcionalities which are actually going to be used.
  • jjdavis420jjdavis420 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Love the watch and the website/software; however I’m going on my 3rd band as of tomorrow when I call to get a replacement for current broken band... Again. I babied this band and it still broke in 6 months.

To TomTom’s credit the exchange was painless last time, but if it breaks again in 6 months it’ll be out of warranty and I won’t be happy...