TomTom GO Mobile app crashing on iOS 11 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom GO Mobile app crashing on iOS 11

2»

Comments

• fransggfransgg Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    63f24bed-0c42-451c-b860-91ffe925c74f.pngUpdate from my earlier remark above: the strange thing is the app seems to crash when I start it, but when I click the home button twice, a screen is visible with TomTom Go active and 'frozen' in a location not very far from my position.
  • robik130robik130 Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    I have good news.
    Today the latest beta 3 ios 11 has arrived.
    TomTom started without any problem. :)

As you can see the fault was not in TT, but in previous ios11 beta.
  • chris1810chris1810 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    It's working again! iOS11 Beta 3
  • jcochranejcochrane Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi Ac98,

I know that iOS is still beta, but does the old legacy TomTom iOS app run under iOS 11?

Regards,

Yes, the old pre GO Mobile runs fine on iOS 11. As every one else has found GO Mobile crashes all the time on IOS 11
    You lucky guys. I'm still on the first release of IOS11 on my devices. They all say the software is unto date. Maybe this is a country thing? I'm in the UK. I hope we can get the beta 3 version soon.
  • chris1810chris1810 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I’m in UK and on beta 3.
    Thanks. Wonder what's going on?
  • sgrothesgrothe Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It work on my iPhone 7 but a have problem with the trafic option, not working
  • PaulRichardsonPaulRichardson Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Another datapoint, here in california moved to ios 11 beta 3 on both my iPad pro and iphone 7plus. With this beta release tomtom Go seems to work, and my traffic option works as well
  • sgrothesgrothe Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes a just find the problem, I forgot something in the setting of tomtom
  • Erwin_ZErwin_Z Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Works fine in iOS 11 public beta 2 as well.
    Erwin
  • DarrellvDarrellv Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Seems to now work (better) on iOS11 public Beta 2... I say better as it loads and works on this latest beta but I have still had the odd application quit/crash. But at least it's working again, happy days!
    Darrellv wrote:
    Seems to now work (better) on iOS11 public Beta 2... I say better as it loads and works on this latest beta but I have still had the odd application quit/crash. But at least it's working again, happy days!

Yesterday IOS 11 Beta 2 (public) came through and can also confirm that Go Mobile is now working.
  • jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 39 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    jcwacky wrote:
    ... Apple changes many things over the course of beta updates, and it's often not worth developers focusing on getting their app working with the early betas as Apple could change things again in a later beta version. This may even be an issue on Apple's part, that they'll fix in a later beta and may not necessarily be something TomTom need to fix themselves. ...
    Hate to say I told you so. :P
  • Johnne25Johnne25 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any word on if this has been resolved with iOS 11 Beta 9?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online2

Naivling
Naivling
+1 Guest