New software 17.200 available for download — TomTom Community

New software 17.200 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new software update v17.200 for the GO Wi-Fi® 6200, 5200, 620, 520, 52, Professional and VIA 53 devices and it's available for download in the Updates &New Items menu of your device.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

As the list of of improvements and fixes is too extensive to announce here, and only some of them have been discussed here earlier, I'll comment on topics where such matters have been discussed.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• leebroath1976leebroath1976 Posts: 46 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Is there any chance Mikko to list the main updates, no need for bug fixes, more of the updates so at least we know what to look for?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,857
    Superuser
    @leebroath1976

See MikkoK's pathetic reply here https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/new-software-17-200-available-for-download-in-mydrive-connect-1025191?postid=1175497
    MikkoK wrote:
    ... I understand your disappointment with the lack of detail in this announcement. Unfortunately, I'm not able to go much beyond the official release notes here. ...
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Lee,

This was a maintenance release with no new features. Changes are made to improve the general performance. The next release will have some more exciting content again :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • leebroath1976leebroath1976 Posts: 46 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Great to hear thanks
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 667
    Superuser
    Thanks Mikko, although I'm not sure why that couldn't have been mentioned in the original release notes? 'General improvements to performance' is a perfectly good reason to issue an update!

Certainly would have avoided a lot of incoming flak :)
    Hi dmulv,

I can basically only repeat the official release notes here and answer questions in the subsequent discussions. I'll make a note of this to suggest a better phrasing for the future releases.

Cheers, Mikko
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,857
    Superuser
    @MikkoK
    dmulv wrote:
    Thanks Mikko, although I'm not sure why that couldn't have been mentioned in the original release notes? 'General improvements to performance' is a perfectly good reason to issue an update!

Certainly would have avoided a lot of incoming flak :)

Including the flak from me ;)
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 667
    Superuser
    I think the mistake was the "Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented" text in bold.

Performance improvements are more of a general thing and there's not much else that can be added... however any mention of bug fixes and people will immediately want more information. 'Which bugs, my bug?'
  • BarneyCurleyBarneyCurley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You're obsessed . . .;)
  • pakitt73pakitt73 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Does it still "lose its mind" when in (city) tunnels, or will it track according to available data (speed of entry, reported jams in the tunnel and related speed of said jams) and will it stop tracking at the end of the tunnel, even though there is still no GPS signal (because maybe I am still in the tunnel)?
    Moreover, will it understand finally that if I was supposed to go into a tunnel, but I am instead on top of it in a road on top of it, since I still receive perfectly well GPS, that I am in fact NOT in the tunnel?

I am waiting since the Tomtom Go 1000 x years ago the above to be fixed. So far instead my Tomtom Go6200 still "looses its mind" when getting into a tunnel and starts showing things that are simply impossible (you know, physics - like jumping all of a sudden 3 roads away, etc...)
  • bigbig Posts: 1,629
    Superuser
    @pakitt73 Strange, my 600 handles tunnels just fine. It "guesses" where I am based upon the available info and when I exit the tunnel, on schedule or not, tracking resumes.
  • pakitt73pakitt73 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I guess in Munich (Germany) where I live, the 6200 (and all the previous models I have owned) just don't like it. In one too many cases, the 6200 loses it. And shows me either doing things that make no sense (against any laws of physics and reasonable logic), or disregards that I am still in the tunnel (because I have slowed down, maybe) as I have still no GPS reception, and shows me instead merrily going on out of the tunnel...
    Superuser
    Somehow, reading everyone's different accounts of things, it kind of doesn't surprise me that you have a different experience! I hope to try it in Munich one day :)
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 174 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    First time I'm driven through Nottingham city centre since the update last week (where I know there are building images e.g Ice Arena). My 6200 crashed last night on way home so did soft reset and it appears that the occasional problem with buildings disappearing after (reset) is still there.

There is no hard rule (sometimes they are present after soft reset), this morning instead of the buildings being there, there were just light grey patches where the building would ordinarily appear as you get closer. Zoom was my normal setting on 3d driving view and is UK & ROI map with buildings v990.8307

I have seen this in the past and I'd be fairly confidant that another soft reset and the building will then reappear, I prefer to see them but I know some users would like the option to disable them.
  • trucker6000trucker6000 [email protected] Posts: 152 [Master Explorer]
    Next software update, can you add custom poi bmp's again for go pro 6250!

Thanks in advance!!
  • jackjohnnljackjohnnl Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can I ask why my tomtom system says I have the latest software but that is a 17.100 version?
    Superuser
    @jackjohnnl There was an incident some time back where the new version wasn't received by certain devices. As far as I know that's been corrected but if your device was caught up in that then TomTom might have to push it out to you manually. If you're sure you're connected and there is no update please contact support (020 850 1007) and they will push it to your device manually.
    Hi Jack,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend you first to reset your device and try again.
    [video]

Should that not help you get this sorted, please set your device to recovery mode [support FAQ - Red X]. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. The following video walks you through the recovery mode process:
    [video]

You'll need to then update your device using your computer's internet connect. You need MyDrive Connect installed and running on the computer for this.

Cheers, Mikko