Runner 3 charging dock pin position

vic951
vic951 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, are the pins on my Runner 3 charging dock all supposed to be evenly placed? One of mine, at the end of the four pins is set higher than the others and I wonder if this is why it won't charge or recognise the watch when I plug into my laptop. Many thanks in advance.
Edit: I've just gently tapped at the pins again, tried to dock and now it is recognising it. I'd still like to know if that pin is meant to be like that or if its causing the intermittent fault (this is only the second time I've tried to charge it, first time was fine).

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    All the pins should be level and unbent, uncompressed, etc. The outer pins are for charging and the inner ones are for data, which is why it will not charge if the pin is not making contact. You should call Customer support and have them replace it (it is covered under warranty). To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.