TomTom Adventurer + Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 — TomTom Community

TomTom Adventurer + Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

kosnickkosnick Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi!
I recently purchased a new smartphone. The model is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
So far I have been using a Samsung smartphone and I could pair it with my TomTom Adventurer (TTA).
Even though sometimes I had 'some' issues (I needed to try a second time) , I was able to use it.
Now there is a problem with pairing.
I start the pairing procedure with the TTA and the app.
Sometimes the smartphone sees the TTA and then the watch displays the code to be given to the app. Unfortunately from then on
the smartphone does not recognize the TTA any more - keeps searching for it.
I even reset TTA to the factory defaults but that did not help either (it looks like I need to reregister TTA to the web site and this does not work for me - I haven't spent much time on this issue yet).
My phone can connect with a pair of bluetooth earphones.
This pair I used for TTA while working out - i could use them ok, with TTA on my left hand, but on my latest run the bluetooth connection was not good and, for the very first time for the past 4-5 month, i had to put TTA on my right hand.
I also can see my smartphones bluetooth through my desktop.
Could you please advise?

Comments

• kosnickkosnick Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I was able to reregister TTA but the issue with pairing still remains.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,576
    Superusers
    You may want to try it again in specific steps as the order it is done is important. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

For the new phone, due to Android’s constant tweaking and the tablet and phone manufacturers making further modifications to the OS some version work better than others. Keep an eye out for an icon in the notification area at the top, some phone models require you to allow the app access in a separate window that does not pop to the front automatically. On my Samsung tablet it was not giving me the passcode entry but I noticed a tiny icon of a watch at the top of the screen (and you may need to drag down if the notification area is hidden by default). When I opened the notification there was an entry on the list for TomTom Sports watch. Clicking that and confirming the watch then allowed the passcode entry screen to come up. It was being blocked by the tablet OS. It paired just fine after that. Also make sure you have location services on; another user found this was the issue for them. Enabling the Localization in the top of the phone isn't enough. The Localization Services of Google+ has to be active too. But be aware it may never pair due to some setting in the phone blocking it, in which case Customer Support may be able to help pinpoint the issue.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
    Hi,

i have been playing around with permissions in my phone.
    As proposed, I made sure the localization both for google app and tomtom app is set.
    Also there is another permission about body sensors and tomtom has been added there as well.
    The watch still does not pair.
    Over and over I have been trying and in 3 cases i got the pairing options in my phone - it looks like it is not stable, sometimes (3 so far) i got the pairing option and also it looks like it has to do with sequencing (which action, watch or phone, comes first ??) .
    Usually i get the pin from the watch but the phone will not respond with a pairing option.
    The three times i got the pairing option, the phone asks for the pin (and at the same time permission to access contacts and another thing i do not remember at the moment) and as soon as i ask for pairing (at this point there are two options : cancel and pair, pair i guess would lead me to type the pin) the app does not provide me a window to type the pin but instead leads me to a screen where the update of the watch is suggested , then another two screens and back to original pairing screeen (watch or band screen).
    There has been also a case where the app responded like "oops we were disconected".
    Also, one time i have seen the watch paired in the bluetooth menu and of course (as proposed above) removed it and retried.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    The thing I could not remember is 'call history'
    (p.s. pease bare in mind, my phone is in greek so some of my translations for the android menu might not be so accurate to the english language)
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi kosnick,

Welcome to the Community!

If the advise here doesn't help you sort this out, please go through the questionnaire here. In the end there's also a possibility to get in touch with Customer Service for further assistance.

Cheers, Mikko