Adding tracks or gps coordinates on the go? — TomTom Community

Adding tracks or gps coordinates on the go?

ApababaApababa Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi!

I just purchased the TomTom Adventurer. I'm planning to go on a longer hike, and of course can't know the exact trail or points of interest beforehand. I'm not gonna carry a laptop with me just to add trails...

Is it possible to upload gpx files directly from android?
Is it possible to add direct coordinates of a certain point without a pc?

Comments

• ApababaApababa Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    And by "adding tracks" I ment "adding trails"... Sorry for typo.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,330
    Superusers
    No, the only way to access the trails feature is through a computer. You upload a specific trail to the MySports site and it syncs with the watch. It is not a map, it is a specific course, so you would need to know your exact planned route or it will be of little use to you. There is no way to add GPS coordinates in any form.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ApababaApababa Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

Thank you for answering. Adding a trail or coordinates without internet connection would be pretty important feature while marketing the adventurer for hiking use... Like most of the time there'll be no internet connection anyway.

I was thinking like drawing a trail with phone (offline map loaded), and exporting the trail to tomtom by bluetooth. All this without internet. Or just getting coordinates from map and setting them to tomtom without the phone at all.
  • baswbasw Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I understand that you need a computer to connect the Adventurer to in order to save a gpx-file on the watch. Is there any way to store a local gpx-file from that computer onto the watch without internet connection? Thus without the MySports site. That possibility would really save my holiday!
    Superusers
    No there is not, you need to set up the trail in MySports and it will then by sent to the watch the next time you sync (either by phone or PC).
  • baswbasw Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you for replying. I'm familiar with the normal procedure. But for my holiday I'm looking for an offline solution. It is a real pitty that there isn't one yet. It should be possible to have a small and simple PC-programme that is able to up- and download gpx-files to and from the watch. I sincerely hope that TomTom will create something like that.
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    It is possible to do this entirely from your phone.

Just upload the trail into your mysports account, then it should sync down to your watch over the phone app.
    Superusers
    tt_gt wrote:

Just upload the trail into your mysports account, then it should sync down to your watch over the phone app.

Wouldn't this still need an Internet connection to get to MySports (the poster's concern is adding a track without Internet access - I assume they mean data and WiFi)?
  • tt_gttt_gt Posts: 260 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    tt_gt wrote:

Wouldn't this still need an Internet connection to get to MySports (the poster's concern is adding a track without Internet access - I assume they mean data and WiFi)?

You're quite right - my mistake. An internet connection is needed.